Joe (Joachim) Mayer is an executive and business coach with over seven years of coaching experience. As managing partner of the Mayer Business Group LLC he coaches executives on leadership style, the intentional development process, emotional and social competence, the intentional change process, high performance team development and performance management.
Prior to founding the Mayer Business Group, Joe gained 25+ years of experience as CEO and Company President, in managing divisions of privately held and publicly traded companies with multiple facilities throughout North America and Europe. His passion lies in developing teams and their members to achieve breakthrough results. He has an extensive background in turnaround management and leading change and has, as a trainer and coach, championed the implementation of servant leadership, high performing teams and lean manufacturing principles in several companies.
Joe has designed and led professional development and evaluation programs for numerous private sector clients including Thyssen Krupp, HC Stark, PCC Airfoils, Pepperl&Fuchs, Etna Products and for the not for profits FMA and PMA.
Joe is a book author, national speaker and facilitator. His presentation and workshops at Business Conferences focus on leadership, team building and high performance teams, vision and strategic sales and marketing. He has written articles on a range of topics that include leadership, teambuilding and developing trust, accountability, goal setting and goal achievement, business planning, using emotional intelligence for hiring decisions and strategic sales and marketing. Recently he co-authored a book entitled Leadership, Helping Others to Succeed.
Education and Certifications
- Adjunct Professor in the Executive MBA Program - Case Western Reserve University
- PhD University of Stuttgart, Germany
- MBA University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Weatherhead; Executive Coaching Certificate
- GC Inc.; Business Coaching Certificate
- Weatherhead; Inspiring Leadership Through Emotional Intelligence Certificate
- University of Madison; Breakthrough Six Sigma Certificate
- GAP International; Breakthrough Thinking
- Hay Group; Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) 360-degree assessment
- Inscape; DiSC® behavioral personal and team assessments