Return to Weatherhead
Guidelines for Executive Education participants attending an in-person program at the George S. Dively Building at Case Western Reserve University.
Weatherhead Executive Education looks forward to welcoming participants to the Dively Building for a limited amount of in-person programs this fall. While most programs have been moved to a virtual format, a handful of programs and custom opportunities will be available in-person.
Health and Safety at Weatherhead
The health and safety of our participants, faculty and staff are of the utmost importance to us. Each individual attending an in-person program must complete a daily health assessment prior to coming to campus to ensure they meet the health and safety requirements recommended by the Centers for Disease Control, the State of Ohio and Case Western Reserve University. The daily health assessment and guidelines outlined below are intended to keep the Weatherhead, CWRU and Cleveland community safe.
We ask that any participant attending an in-person class at Weatherhead commit to the following guidelines outlined by Case Western Reserve University:
- Think for the good of my neighbor
- Maintain at least 6 ft. of physical distancing.
- Wear appropriate face covering over my mouth and nose at all times.
- Stay home if I feel ill or have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Remember that I share this campus with my peers and other members of the CWRU community, some of whom may be at risk for serious complications.
- Think for the good of my health
- Complete the university’s daily self-evaluation for symptoms of COVID-19. This self-evaluation will be sent to participants by their Program Manager.
- Wash my hands regularly using soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Think for the good of my community
- Please note: The below points may not apply to Executive Education participants.
- Use provided cleaning materials to sanitize common surfaces when I am leaving a space.
- Refrain from engaging in any non essential travel outside of the Cleveland area, or hosting non essential visitors (including overnight) on campus.
- Organize and attend social, campus and recreational events and activities in a manner consistent with the health and safety guidelines set forth by the University and CDC.
- Participate in testing and contact tracing to preserve the wellness of the community.
Additional Guidelines and Details
- Program participants, faculty and staff are required to wear cloth face coverings indoors and outdoors while on the CWRU campus.
- A disposable face covering will be provided by the university should you forget to bring back your own.
- Face coverings must fully cover the mouth and nose.
All classrooms and spaces in the Dively Building will have capacity limits to maintain social distancing. Arrival times for participants will be outlined in an introductory and reminder email from your Program Manager. Due to room capacity limitations, the Dively Building will be used for Degree Program courses for the Fall 2020 semester. All Weatherhead Executive Education participants must complete a daily health assessment before coming to class, maintain social distancing and wear a face covering at all times. Break times will be set to minimize cross-interaction with students. Read more about the guidelines and COVID-19 updates for students.
The following modifications have been made in the Dively Building:
- Room capacities reduced to ensure social distancing requirements. Classrooms and seating have been carefully arranged to allow for social distancing and chairs/arrangements are not to be moved or changed at any time.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the reception desk in the building entrance and at all teaching stations in classrooms.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the building.
- HVAC Systems and Air Filters have been adjusted to bring in the maximum amount of outside air versus recycled air. Because of this, the building temperature may match the outdoor temperature. Please plan to dress accordingly for the weather, or in layers to adjust throughout the day.
- Signage has been installed in the building to provide reminders on how to prevent the spread of germs and maintain social distancing. Classrooms will have designated “Enter” and “Exit” doors marked with signage to minimize cross-interaction. Stairwells are two-way.
- Enter and exit the building at the doors at Bellflower and Ford Roads, and check- in for your program with the Program Manager at the reception desk. Follow directional signage to your classroom, dining areas, restrooms and other key locations you may need to go.
Food and beverage service are a vital part of Weatherhead Executive Education classes. Our catering team has worked to revise all food and beverage service in accordance with Ohio Department of Health, CDC and CWRU requirements. The following protocols will be followed:
- All food served must be "grab and go" style: individually packaged or wrapped items of food prepared by a licensed food vendor. If individual items are to be distributed it must be by only one or two individuals wearing masks and gloves, practicing safe distancing.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- All food must be consumed in the classroom. The dining room and other areas of the building will be closed and locked to adhere to strict sanitation schedules.
- Designated trash receptacles will be available outside of the classroom.
Your Program Manager will provide more specific details to help you plan and prepare prior to your visit to Weatherhead. For any questions or concerns not addressed, please contact your Program Manager directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on CWRU’s return-to-campus guidelines, visit the frequently asked questions page.