Leaders are made. Not born. And in times of complexity and change, the qualities that define leadership are needed more than ever before. Adaptive leaders focus on what’s next. They pivot short-term problems to develop strategies for long-term successes; they lead with Emotional Intelligence and communicate collaborative, impactful solutions to energize their organizations. These qualities that create and define emerging leaders can be taught. This certificate focuses on areas that will help participants’ develop intentional communication, heighten leadership skills, maximize and engage resources and scale client experience.
This unique virtual certificate offers programs that are shorter, 90 minute to one-half day sessions, with self-paced pre- and post-work. It is specifically designed to help professionals develop the skills to lead in times of change. From the school that leads the world in Emotional Intelligence, this is the only leadership and management certificate that ensures participants learn how to engage their Emotional Intelligence while developing their leadership skills.
Who Should Attend:
New, functional or technically-savvy managers who want to develop leadership and management competencies. Managers and directors of teams, products and services. Business unit heads looking for development in this new way of functioning.
Coursework for the Certificate:
This certificate in management is awarded after completion of four programs. Certificate requirements should be completed within an 18-month period.
Choose four (4) programs from the sections below. For maximum impact, take at least one from each category.
- Emotional Intelligence the Weatherhead Way
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
May 25, 2021
July 7, 2021
September 28, 2021
- Resilience: Thriving through Uncertainty and Change
Session 1 of 3: July 13, 2021
Session 2 of 3: July 20, 2021
Session 3 of 3: July 27, 2021
- Servant Leadership through Empowerment and Influence
July 14, 2021
- Leading with Greater Self-Awareness
July 22, 2021
November 17, 2021
- Intergenerational Leadership - Leveraging the Strengths of Five Generations
September 21, 2021
- Team Leadership Through Emotional Intelligence
November 18, 2021
- New Change Equation
- Digital Transformation: Strategic Tools and Frameworks for Success
- Strategic Thinking Creating Long Term Success
May 10, 2021
- Change Your Questions, Improve Your Results
Session 1 of 3: June 10, 2021
Session 2 of 3: June 17, 2021
Session 3 of 3: June 24, 20
- Change Leadership
September 20, 2021
- Facilitating Virtual Teams with Virtual Tools
Part 1: June 7, 2021
Part 2: June 10, 2021
- Igniting Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry
Session 1 of 2: June 8, 2021
Session 2 of 2: June 9, 2021
- The Coach Approach: Initiating Dialogues for Effective Outcomes
Part 1: September 2, 2021
Part 2: September 9, 2021
- Communicating with Impact
November 2, 2021
- Beyond Conflict Management: Managing Conflict in the Virtual World
- Strategic Negotiations
Cost of Certificate:
Nonprofit and CWRU Alumni: $2,085
Corporate Partners: 4 Class Days
To register online for the entire certificate, please select four (4) of the appropriate classes listed above. We will automatically track your progress towards completion of your certificate. Alternatively, you can register by phone at 216.368.6413. You have 18 months to complete any of our leadership, management, or functional knowledge certificates. Also please be aware that a program can only be applied toward the requirements of one certificate.
Receipt of Certificate
Certificates will be automatically produced and sent out to participants who have completed the requirements twice a year. Participants can expect to receive certificates in December/January or June/July after the completion of their courses.