As managers move up in their organizations, their accountability and visibility increase. The ability to influence in order to get things done through others becomes increasingly important as one focuses on the larger interests of the department and the organization. This manager certificate program helps participants take their leadership skills to the next level by providing exposure to subject matter typically found in an MBA program.
Who Should Attend:
This leadership training program is designed for managers with three to five years of management experience or for those advancing from a first-line supervisor position.
Coursework for the Certificate:
Management certification is awarded after completion of four programs. Certificate requirements should be completed within an 18-month period.
Choose four (4) programs from the sections below and be sure to take at least one from each category.
- Leading with Greater Self-Awareness
January 24, 2020
July 15, 2020
- High Impact Leadership for Women - Four Part Online Learning Series
- Session 1: February 6, 2020
- Session 2: February 13, 2020
- Session 3: February 20, 2020
- Session 4: February 27, 2020
- Leadership and the Art of Reinvention
May 1, 2020
- Communicating Strategically through Story Telling
May 22, 2020
- Igniting Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry
June 2, 2020
Strategy and Design:
- Advanced Competitive Strategy: Expand Your Boundaries
April 21, 2020
- Manage by Designing: Approaches for Everyday Innovation
May 18, 2020
- Strategic Decision Making
October 21, 2020
- Change Leadership
March 16, 2020
September 23, 2020
Cost of Certificate:
Nonprofit and CWRU Alumni: $2,085
Corporate Partners: 4 Class Days
To register online for the entire certificate, please select four (4) of the appropriate classes listed above. We will automatically track your progress towards completion of your certificate. Alternatively, you can register by phone at 216.368.6413. You have 18 months to complete any of our leadership, management, or functional knowledge certificates. Also please be aware that a program can only be applied toward the requirements of one certificate.
Receipt of Certificate
Certificates will be automatically produced and sent out to participants who have completed the requirements twice a year. Participants can expect to receive certificates in December/January or June/July after the completion of their courses.