As managers move up in their organizations, their accountability and visibility increase. The ability to influence in order to get things done through others becomes increasingly important as one focuses on the larger interests of the department and the organization. This manager certificate program helps participants take their leadership skills to the next level by providing exposure to subject matter typically found in an MBA program.
Who Should Attend:
This leadership training program is designed for managers with three to five years of management experience or for those advancing from a first-line supervisor position.
Coursework for the Certificate:
Management certification is awarded after completion of four programs. Certificate requirements should be completed within an 18-month period.
Choose four (4) programs from the sections below and be sure to take at least one from each category.
- Servant Leadership through Empowerment and Influence
July 14, 2021
- Leading with Greater Self-Awareness
July 22, 2021
November 17, 2021
- Intergenerational Leadership - Leveraging the Strengths of Five Generations
September 21, 2021
- High Impact Leadership for Women
- Communicating Strategically through Story Telling
- Igniting Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry
Strategy and Design:
- Strategic Decision Making
October 7, 2021
- Advanced Competitive Strategy: Expand Your Boundaries
November 15, 2021
- Strategic Thinking Creating Long Term Success
- Change Leadership
September 20, 2021
- Strategic Negotiations
- Facilitating Virtual Teams with Virtual Tools
Cost of Certificate:
Nonprofit and CWRU Alumni: $2,085
Corporate Partners: 4 Class Days
To register online for the entire certificate, please select four (4) of the appropriate classes listed above. We will automatically track your progress towards completion of your certificate. Alternatively, you can register by phone at 216.368.6413. You have 18 months to complete any of our leadership, management, or functional knowledge certificates. Also please be aware that a program can only be applied toward the requirements of one certificate.
Receipt of Certificate
Certificates will be automatically produced and sent out to participants who have completed the requirements twice a year. Participants can expect to receive certificates in December/January or June/July after the completion of their courses.