Join other women in STEM and manufacturing careers who want to make a difference in their lives, their organizations and their industry. Below are some benefits that participants and sponsoring organizations receive from the program.
Benefits to Participants
- Build critical leadership skills and benefit from tools linked to workplace success.
- Gain insights via a deep understanding of Emotional Intelligence, which has been shown to enhance professional relationships, increase employee productivity and engagement, improve customer satisfaction, build leadership success and result in high performing teams.
- Learn about research that increases their perspective on workplace opportunities and challenges in order to maximize their fulfillment.
- Create and articulate a personal leadership vision, which research supports as a powerful way to increase career engagement and commitment.
Benefits to Sponsoring Organizations
- Invest in their women in STEM and manufacturing careers and leverage the benefits of inclusivity in the workplace. Numerous studies have shown that inclusive work environments contribute to innovation, improved problem solving and decision making, increased creativity, better recruitment results, reduced turnover, employee engagement and enhanced business performance.
- Keep up-to-date on best practices for attracting, developing and retaining highly trained, diverse talent. Participants are prepared to return to their organizations with best practice ideas and the skills to positively influence the culture.
- Make a strong, visible and strategic investment in talent retention.
- Identify strong candidates for advancement opportunities in the organization.
Leadership Institute for Women in STEM and Manufacturing has partnered with Women in Manufacturing, a national trade association dedicated to providing year-round support to women who have chosen a career in the manufacturing industry.