Emotional Intelligence – the Weatherhead Way is 100% online. It is focused on the 12 competencies of the Emotional and Social Intelligence Model and is delivered through short videos, personal journaling and reflective exercises. This program offers in-depth descriptions of each competency, and the skills and practice required to understand each one.
Designed with the flexibility and convenience working professionals need, participants can engage with their course content whenever it works for their schedules. Participants will have the ability to access previous modules.
Time – Participants should expect to spend approximately two to three hours per week in individual learning and reflective exercises.
Prerequisites – None
Technical Requirements – You need a computer that allows you to watch the video lectures. For questions related to this, contact email@example.com.
This self-paced online learning journey has three key components designed to help you learn and sustain emotionally intelligent habits:
- Learn: Practical explanations and examples of EI, delivered via video clips
- Reflect and Journal: Exercises and personal reflections to help develop practical strategies.
- Apply: Comprehensive tools and strategies to apply to your daily life at work and at home.
At the end of the course, an assessment will test participants' understanding of the competencies and once successfully completed, participants will receive a digital badge in Emotional & Social Intelligence.
This course is organized into 15, self-paced modules and exercises, including an introduction, a wrap up and a final assignment.Module 1: Emotional self-awareness
- Understand your emotions and how those feelings affect your behavior.
- Understand the link between emotional self-awareness and performance.
Module 2: Emotional self-control
- Increase your awareness of the importance of emotional self-control.
- More consistently demonstrate emotional self-control in personal and professional settings.
Module 3: Achievement orientation
- Expand your understanding of the importance of achievement orientation in your overall success.
- Understand how to be proactive, rather than reactive, and seek out new opportunities.
Module 4: Positive outlook
- Understand the importance of being positive.
- Consider the impact of being positive or negative in particular situations.
Module 5: Empathy
- Reflect on how you can connect with others and develop effective relationships in work and life.
- Practice identifying empathy.
Module 6: Adaptability
- Understand the inevitability of change in the world in which we now live.
- Develop the skill of adaptability as a positive approach in response to change.
Module 7: Organizational awareness
- Understand the formal, informal and socio-political aspects of organizations.
- Identify influencers, social networks, and other informal dynamics within a given organization.
Module 8: Influence or positive impact on others
- Consider the importance of positively impacting others, including their thoughts or actions.
- Understand how to persuade or convince others to gain support for an agenda.
Module 9: Coaching and mentoring to help people learn, grow and change
- Understand what coaching is and how to become a more effective coach.
- Consider ways to develop your coaching competence in personal and professional settings.
Module 10: Conflict management
- Understand the importance of resolving conflict in personal and professional settings.
- Identify behaviors to adopt that would effectively resolve disagreements.
Module 11: Inspirational leadership for individuals and groups
- Reflect on what makes leadership inspirational.
- Consider ways to inspire others in your personal and/or professional settings.
Module 12: Teamwork
- Consider the importance of collaborating with others to reach a shared goal.
- Increase your awareness of an open mind and a willingness to listen to others.