Consulting and facilitating Organizational Development, Teambuilding, Leadership and Workforce Development have been Michael's primary professional endeavors for most of the past 30 years.
Michael is a highly skilled and sensitive facilitator, and has worked effectively with corporate and community sector organizations that include nonprofit, civic leadership, educational, religious, governmental and grass roots organizations throughout the eastern region of the United States.
Providing services for more than 600 organizations reaching upwards of 90,000 participants is a testament to his enduring faithfulness to the process of facilitation.
Sessions conducted by Michael are interactive and very engaging, filled with insight, information you can use, and practical application of the principles and concepts presented. He is experienced in motivating individuals and organizations to adopt positive behavior change and providing the tools needed to move from planning into action.
Michael's work with ICL includes work as a consultant, facilitator, staff trainer, client educator and counselor in the Addiction Recovery field for over 25 years. Recognizing the connection between physical activity, healthy eating habits, and recovery, he began to incorporate multiple aspects of health and wellness into community educational and counseling sessions. Michael and his wife Veronica also started garden therapy programs at/with various treatment facilities, so that fresh food, and meaningful physical activity, is available to Chemical Dependency clients.
Certifications and Specialties
- Certified Conflict Management and Mediation Facilitator and Trainer, Kent State University, Center for Applied Conflict Management
- Leadership and Life Coach, CoachNet
- Smoking Cessation Coach, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Center for Tobacco Treatment Research and Training
- Chemical Dependency Counselor Ohio Chemical Dependency Board
- Adventure Based Counseling Facilitator Project Adventure, Beverly, Massachusetts