The workshop focuses on research about and the application of the concepts of effective youth engagement, specifically youth-adult partnerships.
Participants will increase awareness and knowledge to effectively implement effective youth adult partnerships in their out-of-school time environments.
Intended Audience: directors and managers of youth serving organizations
- Understand your personal leadership style
- Become more aware of your strengths and how to use these strengths to provide leadership
- Analyze your communication style and the style of others
- Understand strategies to effectively provide feedback and support to colleagues
- Effectively apply a variety of strategies to provide feedback and support to colleagues to maximize performance
- Understand how you fit into the broad systems that define youth work
- Build collaborations and create partnerships to achieve goals
- Have an increased awareness of global issues related to the youth work field