The Cuyahoga County Youth Work Institute (CCYWI) provides professional development programming for the diverse youth serving work force. We utilize a theory into practice approach that is based on research, evidence based and evidence informed models, and best and promising practices. We encourage CCYWI participants to develop networks with one another to share and develop successful practices and to support the work of others in the field.
Major funding for the Cuyahoga County Youth Work Institute is provided through Starting Point as a part of My Commitment, My Community (MYCOM), an initiative in Cuyahoga County that supports the healthy development of children and youth.
If you are interested in a workshop that is not currently scheduled, please continue to check back for future dates or email email@example.com to be added to our mailing list.
- Social Emotional Learning Strategies (February 28, 2019)
- Supportive Environments (March 5, 2019)
- Essentials of Youth Work (March 13 & 20, 2019)
- Youth Program Quality: Moving from Good to Great! (April 10, 2019)
Stay tuned for more details about the following workshops:
- Are You Ready for Youth-Adult Partnerships?
- Data Matters: High Quality Youth Programs
- Developing Outcomes that Drive Your Work
- Elements of Effective Program Design
- Engaging Youth through Service Learning
- Exemplary Staff Supervision
- Family Engagement Strategies
- From Engagement to Empowerment: The Power of Adult Allies for Youth-led Programming
- How Was Your Summer?
- Integrating Cultural Awareness into Family Engagement Strategies
- Introduction to Youth Program Quality Intervention
- Making the Most of Summer
- Measuring Outcomes that Drive Your Work
- Relationships Matter: Effective Engagement in a Culturally Diverse World
- Restorative Practice Strategies
- Social Emotional Learning in Youth Programs
- Strategies of Effective Leaders
- Strong Relationships → Positive Behaviors
- Taking Care of You: Self-Care Strategies for the Youth Development Professional
- Youth Engagement Strategies
- Youth Engagement within the MyCom Framework
- Youth Interaction Practices