The Cuyahoga County Youth Work Institute (CCYWI) provides professional development programming for the diverse youth serving work force. We utilize a theory into practice approach that is based on research, evidence based and evidence informed models, and best and promising practices. We encourage CCYWI participants to develop networks with one another to share and develop successful practices and to support the work of others in the field.
Major funding for the Cuyahoga County Youth Work Institute is provided through Starting Point as a part of My Commitment, My Community (MYCOM), an initiative in Cuyahoga County that supports the healthy development of children and youth.
If you are interested in a workshop that is not currently scheduled, please continue to check back for future dates or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.
Virtual Workshop Series:
Stay tuned for more details about the following workshops:
- Adolescent Brain Development
- Are You Ready for Youth-Adult Partnerships?
- Creating Trauma-Sensitive Practices
- Data Matters: High Quality Youth Programs
- Developing Outcomes that Drive Your Work
- Elements of Effective Program Design
- Engaging Youth through Service Learning
- Essentials of Program Planning
- Essentials of Youth Work
- Exemplary Staff Supervision
- Family Engagement
- Family Engagement Strategies
- From Engagement to Empowerment: The Power of Adult Allies for Youth-led Programming
- How Was Your Summer?
- Integrating Cultural Awareness into Family Engagement Strategies
- Intro to Youth Program Quality
- Introduction to Youth Program Quality Intervention
- Making the Most of Summer
- Measuring Outcomes that Drive Your Work
- Mental Health First Aid
- Moving from Good to Great!
- Relationships Matter: Effective Engagement in a Culturally Diverse World
- Restorative Practice Strategies
- SEL Emotion Management Strategies
- Self-Care Strategies
- Social and Emotional Connection Strategies
- Social and Emotional Learning Begins with You
- Social and Emotional Learning Starts with You
- Social and Emotional Learning Strategies
- Social and Emotional Learning in Youth Programs
- Strategies of Effective Leaders
- Strong Relationships → Positive Behaviors
- Supportive Environments
- Supportive Interactions
- Taking Care of You: Self-Care Strategies for the Youth Development Professional
- Youth Engagement Strategies
- Youth Engagement within the MyCom Framework
- Youth Interaction Strategies
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Youth Program Quality: Moving from Good to Great!