The Cuyahoga County Youth Work Institute (CCYWI) provides professional development programming for the diverse youth serving work force. We utilize a theory into practice approach that is based on research, evidence based and evidence informed models, and best and promising practices. We encourage CCYWI participants to develop networks with one another to share and develop successful practices and to support the work of others in the field.
Major funding for the Cuyahoga County Youth Work Institute is provided through Starting Point as a part of My Commitment, My Community (MYCOM), an initiative in Cuyahoga County that supports the healthy development of children and youth.
If you are interested in a workshop that is not currently scheduled, please continue to check back for future dates or email email@example.com to be added to our mailing list.
- Social Emotional Learning in Youth Programs (September 12 & 19, 2018)
- Are You Ready for Youth-Adult Partnerships? (September 28, 2018)
- Exemplary Staff Supervision (October 2 & 3, 2018)
- Strategies of Effective Leaders (October 8 & 9, 2018)
- Restorative Practice Strategies (October 16, 2018)
- Engaging Youth through Service Learning (October 25, 2018)
- Relationships Matter: Effective Engagement in a Culturally Diverse World (October 30, 2018)
- Youth Interaction Practices (November 5, 2018)
- Taking Care of You: Self-Care Strategies for the Youth Development Professional (November 13, 2018)
- Data Matters: High Quality Youth Programs (November 28 & December 5, 2018)
Stay tuned for more details about the following workshops:
- Developing Outcomes that Drive Your Work
- Elements of Effective Program Design
- Essentials of Youth Work
- Family Engagement Strategies
- From Engagement to Empowerment: The Power of Adult Allies for Youth-led Programming
- How Was Your Summer?
- Integrating Cultural Awareness into Family Engagement Strategies
- Introduction to Youth Program Quality Intervention
- Making the Most of Summer
- Measuring Outcomes that Drive Your Work
- Social Emotional Learning Strategies
- Strong Relationships → Positive Behaviors
- Supportive Environments
- Youth Engagement Strategies
- Youth Engagement within the MyCom Framework
- Youth Program Quality: Moving from Good to Great!