The Cuyahoga County Youth Work Institute (CCYWI) provides professional development programming for the diverse youth serving work force. We utilize a theory into practice approach that is based on research, evidence based and evidence informed models, and best and promising practices. We encourage CCYWI participants to develop networks with one another to share and develop successful practices and to support the work of others in the field.
Major funding for the Cuyahoga County Youth Work Institute is provided through Starting Point as a part of My Commitment, My Community (MYCOM), an initiative in Cuyahoga County that supports the healthy development of children and youth.
If you are interested in a workshop that is not currently scheduled, please continue to check back for future dates or email email@example.com to be added to our mailing list.
- Youth Program Quality: Moving from Good to Great! 2/18
- Essentials of Youth Work 2/26, 3/4
- How Was Your Summer? 3/16
- Youth Interaction Strategies 3/28
- Youth Engagement Strategies 4/5
- Elements of Effective Program Design 4/12, 4/21
- Family Engagement Strategies 4/28
- Supportive Environments 5/5
- Strengthening Social Emotional Practices 5/13, 5/20
- Developing Outcomes that Drive Your Work 9/7, 9/14
- Exemplary Staff Supervision Practices 9/21, 9/22
- Family Engagement Strategies - Save the Date 9/28
- Essentials of Youth Work -- Save the Date 10/14, 10/21
- Elements of Effective Program Design -- Save the Date 11/11, 11/18
- Strengthening Social Emotional Strategies -- Save the Date 11/29, 12/6
Stay tuned for more details about the following workshops:
- Introduction to Youth Program Quality Intervention
- Making the Most of Summer
- Service Learning Project Planning
- Strong Relationships → Positive Behaviors