The Weatherhead 100 awards were established to celebrate Northeast Ohio’s spirit of entrepreneurship and to reward companies that serve as a beacon to all the region’s businesses. This year, the 26th annual Weatherhead 100 awards ceremony will recognize the region’s fastest-growing companies based on revenue from 2008 to 2012. Companies can enter in one of the following three categories:
Weatherhead 100: Companies whose net sales were at least $100,000 in 2008 and over $1 million in 2012. Winning companies must have employed a minimum of 16 people full time in 2012.
Weatherhead Upstarts: Companies whose percentage of sales growth qualifies for the Weatherhead 100 and who employed 15 or fewer employees, and/or had less than $1 million in net sales in 2012.
Weatherhead Centurion: Companies with 100 percent or more sales growth (or equal to the 100th company’s growth percentage if less than 100 percent) from 2008 through 2012 and net sales of $100 million or more in 2012.
Qualifications for inclusion in the 2013 Weatherhead 100:
- Net sales and figures for 2008 and all subsequent years must represent a full 12-month period of sales operation; partial years are not accepted.
- 2008 net sales must be at least $100,000.
- The company must be headquartered in Ashland, Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Erie, Geauga, Huron, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Trumbull or Wayne county.
- The company must not have been a subsidiary of another company at any time during the period 2008 to 2012.
- Individual franchise operations are not eligible.
- The company must be a for-profit organization.