Sophie Jané received her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from California State University Long Beach and is now a Doctoral Student in the Department of Organizational Behavior in the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University. Sophie has presented her research at leading academic conferences, including the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, the Society for Personality and Social Psychology Annual Convention, and the Annual Meeting of the Southern Management Association. She was awarded the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship in 2017.
BA, California State University Long Beach, 2015
Interests and Courses
Judgment and decision-making in the workplace, research methods, and diversity and inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
Current projects include investigating the psychometric properties of risk perception, the phenomenological experience of self confidence, and scale and index development at the micro and macro levels.
Virtual and Augmented Reality in the Classroom, Teamwork, Confidence and Risk-taking, Gender and Diversity Awareness, Communication Skills, Negotiation, Decision-Making, Leadership.
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Archibold, E. (Presenter & Author), Jane, S. E. (Presenter & Author), Bilimoria, D. (Presenter & Author) Academy of Management Conference, "Self-Confidence and Self-Efficacy: Conceptualization, Measurement and Practical Relevance", Academy of Management, Atlanta. (2017).
- Sugiyama, K. (Presenter & Author), Jane, S. (Presenter & Author), Bilimoria, D. (Author Only) Academy of Management Annual Meeting, "Doing more harm than good? Communicating the gender confidence gap", Academy of Management, Anaheim, CA. (2016).
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, (2017).
- Western Academy of Management Doctoral Consortium, (2017).
- Southern Management Association Early Doctoral Consortium, (2016).