Mercedes McBride-Walker received her Master of Science in Organization Development from Pepperdine University and is now a Doctoral Student in the Department of Organizational Behavior in the Weatherhead School of Management of Case Western Reserve University. Mercedes has worked for and consulted with Fortune 500 companies and coached for leadership development for many years before transitioning to academia.Curriculum Vita
MS, Pepperdine University, 2013
BA, University of Washington, 1992
Interests and Courses
I want to know what frees people up to do their best work. This question that fundamentally enquires into the organizational processes and practices that enable the best from people, and its converse of what dynamics keep people from doing their best work, comprises my primary area of interest. The research streams that support this central area of interest include leadership, structural empowerment, relational coordinating, psychological safety, and trust.
Managing People & Organizations, Organizational Theory, Behavior in Organizations, Performance & Rewards
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- McBride-Walker, S. (Presenter & Author) Academy of Management, "Fear of Incompetence: A New Motive for Being a Good Citizen? Impression Management as a Theoretical Framework for Understanding Fear as a Motivation for Non-Task Performance", Academy of Management, Organizational Behavior Division, (2017).
- McBride-Walker, S. (Presenter & Author) Academy of Management, "Unconstrained by Fear: Reallocating Our Resources to Enable Meaningful Interfaces at the AOM Conference", Academy of Management, Organizational Behavior Division, (2017).
- Van Oosten, E. B. (Presenter & Author), McBride-Walker, S. (Presenter & Author) SIOP 2017, "How coaching relationships influence leader effectiveness outcomes.", Society of Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Orlando, FL. (2017).
- McBride-Walker, S. (Presenter & Author) Academy of Management, "Unconstrained by Fear: Reallocating Resources Toward a More Meaningful Conference Experience", Academy of Management, Organizational Behavior Division, Anaheim, CA. (2016).
- McBride-Walker, S. EMONET X, "Toward a Working Definition of the Construct of Fear in the Management Sciences", EMONET, Rome, Italy. (2016).
Academic and Professional Activities
- Organizational Behavior Teaching Society. 2017 - Present
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology. 2016 - Present
- Academy of Management. 2014 - Present
- WorldatWork. 2003 - Present
- Committee Member, Admissions Committee, 2016