MS, Harvard School of Public Health, 2005
BA, Stanford University, 2003
Njoke Thomas is fascinated by the idea that a fundamental shift in health sector practices is critical to the elimination of disparities in health outcomes. Specifically, she would like to identify and explore the organizational factors required to facilitate such change. Prior to joining the department she directed the Colorado Trust's Equality in Health Initiative to promote culturally competent practices in healthcare and medical education practices throughout the state. Njoke holds a B.A. in Human Biology from Stanford University and a M.S. in Public Health from Harvard University.
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Thomas*, N., Sugiyama*, K., Rochford*, K., Stephens*, J., Kanov, J.
In Jody Hoffer Gittell (Ed.),
Experiential organizing: Pursuing relational and bureaucratic goals through symbolically- and experientially-oriented work. New York, New York:
Academy of Management Review.
- Thomas, N. K. (Presenter & Author), Sugiyama, K. (Presenter & Author), Rochford, K. C. (Author Only), Stephens, J. P. (Presenter & Author), Kanov, J. (Presenter & Author) Positive Organizational Scholarship (POS) Research Conference,
"Achieving the common good through experiential organizing: Extending relational and bureaucratic pathways for organizations with purpose",
Center for Positive Organizations,
Ann Arbor, MI.
- Luebbers, E. (Presenter & Author), Fennimore, T. (Author Only), Thomas, N. K., Aron, D. (Author Only), Dolansky, M. (Author Only) Collaborating Across Borders,
"Application of a theoretical framework for interprofessional learning",
American Interprofessional Health Collaborative,
- Rochford, K. (Coordinator/Organizer), Sugiyama, K. (Coordinator/Organizer), Thomas, N. (Coordinator/Organizer) Academy of Management Annual Meeting,
"Unpacking the black box of relationships at work: Using a social mechanism lens to explore the “how.” ",
Managerial and Organization Cognition,
- Thompson, P. S. (Presenter & Author), Thomas, N. K. (Presenter & Author) Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology,
"Mediators of Organizational Citizenship Behavior (OCB) and Help Acceptance",
Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology,
- Creary, S. (Coordinator/Organizer), Dana, S. (Coordinator/Organizer), Elena, F. (Coordinator/Organizer), Megan, R. (Coordinator/Organizer), Beth, S. (Coordinator/Organizer), Tanya, V. (Coordinator/Organizer), Thomas, N. K. (Coordinator/Organizer) Academy of Management Annual Meeting,
"New directions in Positive Relationships at Work",
Academy of Management,
- Oetama-Paul, A. J. (Coordinator/Organizer), Thomas, N. K. (Coordinator/Organizer) Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management,
"Finding and Making the Most of Postdoc Opportunities: Demystifying Postdocs",
Academy of Management,
- Outstanding PhD Award, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. (2016).