My research is currently organized into three streams. The first stream is concerned with interpersonal relationships at work. I examine how relationships are experienced in organizations and the impact of the quality of relationships on individual and organizational outcomes. Within this stream, I also examine how to empirically capture the relational climate in a workplace, the role of relational efficacy at work, and the predictive power of emotional intelligence. The second stream is organizational neuroscience. My work in this area examines the implications of an antagonistic relationship between analytical and social emotional reasoning for organizational behavior, and more specifically, effective leadership. Within this stream, I also consider how organizational neuroscience can be effectively and ethically integrated into mainstream organizational research. The third stream I am currently involved with is organizational citizenship behavior (OCB). My specific interests are in the areas of individual motives for OCB including the fulfillment of psychological needs, gender effects, and the effect of OCB on career outcomes.Curriculum Vita
MCom, University of Canterbury, 2011
BCom, University of Canterbury, 2009
Interests and Courses
Interpersonal relationships at work
Organizational Citizenship Behavior
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Boyatzis, R. E., Rochford, K. C., Cavanagh, K. V.
Emotional Intelligence Competencies in Engineer’s Effectiveness and Engagement (vol. 22, issue 1, ). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Rochford, K. C., Boyatzis, R. E., Jack, A., French, S.
Ethical Leadership as a Balance Between Oppo Journal of Business Ethics.
- Boyatzis, R. E., Rochford, K. C., Taylor, S. N.
The Role of the Positive Emotional Attractor as Vision and Shared Vision: Toward Effective Leadership, Relationships and Engagement Frontiers in psychology.
- Boyatzis, R. E., Rochford, K. C., Jack, A.
Anatgonistic neural networks underlying diferentiated leadership roles (vol. 8, pp. 1-15). Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- Friedman, J. P., Jack, A. I., Rochford, K. C., Boyatziz, R. E.
Antagonistic neural networks underlying organizational behavior Emerald.
- Rochford, K. C., Friedman, J., Passarelli, A. M., Boyatzis, R. E., Jack, A.
Pitfalls in organizaitonal Neuroscience: A critical review and suggestions for future research Organizational Research Methods.
- Thomas, N. K. (Presenter & Author), Sugiyama, K. (Presenter & Author), Rochford, K. C. (Author Only), Stephens, J. P. (Presenter & Author), Kanov, J. (Presenter & Author) Positive Organizational Scholarship (POS) Research Conference, "Achieving the common good through experiential organizing: Extending relational and bureaucratic pathways for organizations with purpose", Center for Positive Organizations, Ann Arbor, MI. (2017).
- Rochford, K. C. Academy of Management Annual Meeting, "Relational climate in the work place: Dimensions, measurement, and validation. ", Academy of Management, (2016).
- Rochford, K. C., Kendall, L. D. Academy of Management Annual Meeting, "Relational climate, product innovation, and the mediating role of OCB-Voice. ", Academy of Management , (2016).
- Rochford, K. C., Perlmutter, A. R., Wei, H. Southern Management Association, "Taking stock of partial least squares: What it is and is not", Research Methods, St Pete Beach Florida. (2015).
- Rochford, K. C., Martinez, H. A. Academy of Management, "Relational efficacy: Transferring relational abilities into positive outcomes", Division of Organizational Behavior, (2015).
- Rochford, K. (Coordinator/Organizer), Sugiyama, K. (Coordinator/Organizer), Thomas, N. (Coordinator/Organizer) Academy of Management Annual Meeting, "Unpacking the black box of relationships at work: Using a social mechanism lens to explore the “how.” ", Managerial and Organization Cognition, (2015).
- Rochford, K. C. (Presenter & Author) Southern Academy of Management, "Opposing domains of leadership: The role of emotional intelligence and emotion regulation in integrating task and relationship", Southern Academy of Management, (2014).
- Van Esch, C. (Presenter & Author), Rochford, K. C. (Author Only) Southern Academy of Management, "Organizational citizenship behavior as a contributor cause of burnout. ", Southern Academy of Management, Savannah, Georgia. (2014).
- Rochford, K. C. (Author Only), Thompson, P. S. (Presenter & Author), Pavez, I. A. (Author Only), Van Esch, C. (Author Only), Bao, L. (Author Only) Midwest Academy of Management, "Towards a practice theory of sustainability: Carrying out the practice of flourishing", Midwest Academy of Management, (2014).
- Rochford, K. C. Academy of Management, "A need to belong as a driver of organizational citizenship behavior", Division of Organizational Behavior, Orlando, Florida. (2013).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award Technology and Innovation Management Division, Academy of Management. (2016).
- Organizational Behavior Division Student Representative, Academy of Management. (2016).
- Graduate Student Appreciation Award, School of Graduate Studies, Case Western Reserve University. (2014).
- Fulbright General Graduate Scholarship, Fulbright . (2012).