Kevin received his BS in Business Administration from Christopher Newport University in Newport News, VA. He received his MA in Experimental Psychology from The College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, VA.Curriculum Vita
MA, The College of Wiliam & Mary, 2013
BS, Christopher Newport University, 2010
Interests and Courses
Gamification, Game Based Learning, Goal Attainment, Emotional and Social Intelligence.
Kevin's current research interest is at the intersection of gamification, the use of game design elements in non-game settings, and goal setting behaviors.
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Good, D. J., Cavanagh, K. V.
It takes a (virtual) village: Exploring the role of a career community to support sensemaking as a proactive socialization practice. Frontiers in Psychology - Organizational Behavior.
- Boyatzis, R. E., Rochford, K. C., Cavanagh, K. V.
Emotional Intelligence Competencies in Engineer’s Effectiveness and Engagement (vol. 22, issue 1, ). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Sugiyama, K., Cavanagh, K. V., Van Esch, C., Bilimoria, D., Brown, C.
Inclusive Leadership Development: Drawing From Pedagogies of Women’s and General Leadership Development Programs (vol. 40, issue 3, pp. 253-292). Journal of Management Education.
- Cavanagh, K. V.
The Shape of Things to Come: Inspiration in the Organizational Sciences Academy of Management.
- Cavanagh, K. V. 74th Annual Meeting for Academy of Management, "The Shape of Things to Come: Inspiration in the Organizational Sciences", Academy of Management, Vancouver. (2015).
- Sugiyama, K., Cavanagh, K. V., Van Esch, C., Brown, C. Academy of Management, "Constructing leadership development: Pedagogies of women’s and general leadership development. ", AoM, Vancouver, Canada. (2015).