Ivory J. Simms, received her Executive MBA in Global Business Administration from the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University in 2018. Currently, she is a Doctoral Student at the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western University, a Doctor of Management Design and Innovation Fellow and a Doctor of Nonprofit Management Fellow. Ivory is a Sustainability Leader specializing in environmental, health, safety and innovation design services.
MBA, Georgia State University, 2018
BS, Ohio University, 2000
BA, Ohio University, 2000
My research seeks to understand fresh produce access and distribution in food insecure consumer markets. My research specifically focuses on the role of local food retail markets and the factors that influence retail leaders' decisions. The analysis will also include an examination of the relationship between local food retail markets and supplemental nutrition programs. My goal is to identify access and distribution impacts within the local food environment. Additionally, identify sustainable food retail models for low-income consumer markets.
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- SIMMS, I. J. (Author Only) Engaged Management Scholarship 2020 Conference,
"Managing Access: Declining Grocery Store and Supermarket Presence In Low-Income Markets",
Case Western Reserve University,
- PhD Project. 2021 - Present
- Academy of Management . 2019 - Present
- Committee Chair, Case Western University Food Insecurity Working Group, 2021 - 2023
- Committee Chair, Engaged Management Scholarship 2020 Conference, 2020
- Doctor of Nonprofit Management Fellow, Case Western Reserve University. (2020).
- Doctor of Management Design & Innovation Fellow, Case Western Reserve University . (2020).