Interests and Courses
Ignacio is interested in the intersection of business and society, especially how businesses can create sustainable value through methodologies of organizational change that spark creativity and innovation for the societal good. His research interests revolve around the business side of sustainability, sustainable/social entrepreneurship, positive organizational scholarship, and individual flourishing as a basis for organizational transformation. Currently, he is studying the link between an appreciative mode of organizing and its impact on sustainability innovation, and he is trying to create a center for Sustainable Value Creation in Santiago, Chile. Before starting his PhD, he worked as a management consultant for 7 years and started his own consultancy firm in Chile in 2010. Ignacio received a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Pavez, I., Bello, M., Laszlo, C., Gullett, K.
TriCiclos: The challenging of scaling recycling in Latin America (pp. 13). Western Ontario: Richard Ivey School of Business.
- Pavez, I. (Presenter & Author), , . 75th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, "Appreciative organizing: Understanding the underlying dynamics of positive institutions", The Academy of Management, Vancouver. (2015).
- Pavez, I. (Presenter & Author) 7th Biennial Positive Organizational Scholarship (POS) Research Conference, "The P-ICIA: A strength-based model of team development", University of Michigan, Orlando. (2015).
- Pavez, I. (Presenter & Author), Kendall, L. D. (Presenter & Author), , . 7th Annual Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability (ARCS) Research Conference, "The arc of interconnectedness: A theoretical elaboration of the evolution of business towards flourishing", The Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability (ARCS), Chicago. (2015).
- Rochford, K. C. (Author Only), Thompson, P. S. (Presenter & Author), Pavez, I. A. (Author Only), Van Esch, C. (Author Only), Bao, L. (Author Only) Midwest Academy of Management, "Towards a practice theory of sustainability: Carrying out the practice of flourishing", Midwest Academy of Management, (2014).
- Pavez, I. (Author Only), Beveridge, A. J. (Presenter & Author) 73rd Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, "Corporate social responsibility, corporate citizenship and corporate sustainability: a critical review", The Academy of Management, Orlando. (2013).