Estelle E. Archibold is a PhD Candidate in Organizational Behavior at Case Western Reserve University. Estelle’s research agenda includes research in conflict and cooperation. Estelle applies embodiment theory to her study of these phenomena, and uses qualitative as well as mixed methods in her research. Having had a thriving professional career in conflict management and reconciliation practices in the U.S. and abroad, Estelle draws insight from her experiences to study the role of race and intergenerational dynamics in conflict and cooperation.
MS, Simmons College, School of Management, 2016
Post Graduate, Boston University, 2015
Masters of Divinity, Emory University, 2009
MA, Georgia State University, 2000
BA, Spelman College, 1996
Conflict in Organizations, Social Identity, Embodiment and Embodied Cognition, Qualitative and Mixed Methods, Intergenerational Dynamics, Process Theory
Conflict Management/Negotiations, Organizational Ethics, Research Methods (Mixed Methods, Ethnography, Video Methods, Gestural Analysis, Experimental Design), Embodiment Studies
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Archibold, E.
Embodied Conflict in Intergenerational Groups European Group for Organizational Studies.
- Albrecht, K., Archibold, E.
Inductive Survey Research SAGE Publications.
- Aguinis, H., Archibold, E., Rice, D.
Let’s Fix Our Own Problem: Quelling the Irresponsible Research Perfect Storm Journal of Management Studies.
- Ma, A., Archibold, E.
Women Don't Ask (Men) for What They Want: The Effect of Dyad Gender Composition on Negotiation Behaviors Academy Management Proceedings.
- Blake-Beard, S., Halem, J., Archibold, E., Boncuer, O. D.
Mentoring Relationships of Professional Indian Women
- Archibold, E. Positive Relationships at Work Virtual Meeting,
"Embodied Intergenerational Organizing",
- Archibold, E. Academy of Management Annual Conference,
"Embodied Conflict Cultures ("Embodied Insights" Panel Presentation)",
Academy of Management ,
Vancouver, BC (Virtual).
- Archibold, E. (Coordinator/Organizer), Thomas, N. K. (Coordinator/Organizer), Stephens, J. P. (Panelist/Discussant), Johnson, E. M. (Panelist/Discussant) Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management,
"Embodied Insights: Broadening the Scope of Management Research with a Bodily Lens",
Academy of Management,
- Archibold, E. CWRU PhD Student Professional Development Series (STEM Fields),
"Negotiating Conflict in the PhD Journey: A Self-Analysis of Power Currency",
Department of Graduate Studies, Case Western Reserve Universities,
- Archibold, E. Positive Organizational Studies Research Conference,
"Positive Conflict and Diversity Leadership in Organizations",
Center for Positive Organizational Studies, Ross School of Business, Univ. of Michigan,
Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Archibold, E. (Presenter & Author), Boncoeur, O. D. (Presenter Only) Academy of Management Conference,
"Navigating Social Hierarchies in Organizations through Power Currency Attainment (PDW)",
Academy of Management, Chicago,
- Archibold, E. (Presenter & Author) 17th Biennial Meeting of the International Society for Justice Research,
"Deservingness and Agentic Justice Enactment in Health Organizations (Paper Presentation)",
International Society for Justice Research,
- European Group for Organizational Studies. 2020 - Present
- International Association for Conflict Management. 2019 - Present
- American Psychological Association. 2016 - Present
- Academy of Management. 2015 - Present
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Academy of Management Review, 2020 - 2021
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Human Relations Journal (SAGE), 2020
- Editor, Associate Editor, Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Management, Spirituality and Religion Group, 2020
- Committee Member, Organizational Behavior PhD Admission Committee, 2017 - 2018
- NOA-AGEP Research Fellow, National Science Foundation. (2020).
- Sherm-Grinell Scholarship, Department of Organizational Behavior. (2019).
- Graduate Studies Research Fellowship, Department of Graduate Studies. (2019).
- The PhD Project, KPMG Foundation. (2016).