Angela's recent research examines the ways in which organizations can promote greater environmental sustainability by considering factors that might influence individual employee's pro-environmental behaviors in the workplace. Additionally, she is interested in the persistence of gendered communication within organizations, specifically unpacking its causes and its consequences. Angela received a BA in Social Work and Bible/Religion from Goshen College, and an MSW from the University of Michigan.
MSW, University of Michigan, School of Social Work, 2004
BA, Goshen College, 2001
Interests and Courses
Angela has two primary areas of interest: environmental sustainability and gender and diversity in organizations. She is currently studying the ways in which individual employees and businesses can incorporate conservation behaviors and environmental sustainability into their practices. Additionally, she is interested in gendered communication in organizations. Angela received a BA in Social Work and Bible/Religion from Goshen College, and an MSW from the University of Michigan.
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Case, S. S., Oetama-Paul, A. J.
Brain Biology and Gendered Discourse (vol. 64, issue 2, pp. 338-378). Applied Psychology: An International Review.
- Case, S. S., Philipsen, M., Oetama-Paul, A. J., Sugiyama, K. (Moderator) Work and Family Researchers Network (WFRN) Conference, "Academic Womanhood: A Life Course - Career Perspective", WFRN, Washington, DC. (2016).
- Oetama-Paul, A. J. (Coordinator/Organizer), Thomas, N. K. (Coordinator/Organizer) Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, "Finding and Making the Most of Postdoc Opportunities: Demystifying Postdocs", Academy of Management, Philadelphia, PA. (2014).
- Oetama-Paul, A. J. (Presenter & Author), Coen, C. A. (Author Only) Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, "Place Attachment: Capturing Causes of Individual Pro-Environmental Behaviors in the Workplace", Academy of Managment, Orlando, FL. (2013).
Academic and Professional Activities
- Work and Family Researchers Network. 2016 - Present
- Academy of Management. 2010 - Present