Michael Cauley joined Lipscomb University in 2016 where he is Associate Professor of Professional Studies and Lead Faculty for the Performance and Leadership Coaching Programs. An executive-level consultant, executive coach, and educator, he has helped senior leaders across multiple industries and trained coaches in health care, entertainment, government, military, higher education, professional athletes, and Fortune 50 companies. He has presented at The Academy of Management (CTO Division), The Association of Financial Professionals, The Institute of Coaching at Harvard Medical School, and ARNOVA where he was a recipient of the 2020 Emerging Scholar Award. His current research in Clinical & Translational Management Information Systems is in the decision-making of health care providers within the electronic medical record. Professionally and away from the academy, he is a United States Air Force Chaplain (Captain), Air Education & Training Command. He currently holds multiple graduate degrees from Andrews University, Benedictine University, The Hudson Institute of Coaching, and is a PhD candidate in Management: Designing Sustainable Systems at the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University.Curriculum Vita
MS, Benedictine University, 2018
Doctor of Ministry, Andrews University, 2010
Masters of Divinity, Andrews University, 2002
BA, Southern Adventist University, 2000
Michael's research focuses on sociotechnical systems in health care, especially the decision making of health care practitioners between the logic of intimacy and the logic of standardization in the electronic medical record.
Analytics, Design, Information Systems, Interpretive Approaches, Human and Organizational Development, Ethics, Philosophy, Quantitative Methodologies.
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Cauley, M. R. (Presenter & Author) Engaged Management Scholarship (EMS) 2021 Doctoral Consortium (Invited and Accepted),
"Mediation of Electronic Medical Record and Practitioner Turnover and Stress",
The Executive DBA Council,
- Cauley, M. R. (Presenter & Author) 81st Annual Academy of Management Conference,
"Person in Process of Practice: Between helping and managing helping",
Academy of Management,
- Maltbia , T. E. (Moderator), Cauley, M. R. (Presenter & Author), Tordini, C. E. (Presenter & Author) GSAEC 2021 Bonfire Virtual Summit,
"Igniting the Possible: Where are we going?",
Graduate School Alliance for Education in Coaching,
- Cauley, M. R. (Presenter & Author) 49th Annual ARNOVA Conference,
"Frontline Health Care Professionals and Inquiry",
Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action,
- Cauley, M. R. (Presenter & Author), Gilbert , D. B. (Presenter & Author) AFP 2019 Treasury & Finance Conference,
"Coaching ROI: A Path for Creating High-Performing Teams",
The Association for Financial Professionals,
Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
- Cauley, M. R. (Presenter & Author) Institute of Coaching Conference,
"Organizational BE: Development of Self and Systems Together",
McLean, Affiliate of Harvard Medical School,
Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
- Association for Information Systems. 2021 - Present
- American Medical Informatics Association. 2021 - Present
- Academy of Management. 2020 - Present
- Primary Voting Board Member, Board of Directors, Graduate School Alliance for Education in Coaching. 2018 - 2022
- Committee Member, Academy of Management, Health Care Management, Practice Committee, 2022 - 2025
- Committee Chair, Peer Review and Recognition Committee, Graduate School Alliance for Education in Coaching, 2022
- Reviewer, Conference Paper, Academy of Management, 2021 - 2022
- Reviewer, Conference Paper, American Medical Informatics Association, 2021 - 2022
- Reviewer, Journal Article, Information and Organization, 2021
- Reviewer, Journal Article, Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice, 2021
- Emerging Scholar Award, ARNOVA. (2020).
- DM Fowler Center Fellow, Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit. (2020).
- DM Nonprofit Management Fellow, Weatherhead School of Management. (2019).