Estelle E. Archibold is a PhD Candidate in Organizational Behavior at Case Western Reserve University. Estelle’s research agenda includes research in conflict and cooperation. Estelle applies embodiment theory to her study of these phenomena, and uses qualitative as well as mixed methods in her research. Having had a thriving professional career in conflict management and reconciliation practices in the U.S. and abroad, Estelle draws insight from her experiences to study the role of race and intergenerational dynamics in conflict and cooperation.
MS, Simmons College, School of Management, 2016
Post Graduate, Boston University, 2015
Masters of Divinity, Emory University, 2009
MA, Georgia State University, 2000
BA, Spelman College, 1996
Conflict in Organizations, Social Identity, Embodiment and Embodied Cognition, Qualitative and Mixed Methods, Intergenerational Dynamics, Process Theory
Conflict Management/Negotiations, Organizational Ethics, Research Methods (Mixed Methods, Ethnography, Video Methods, Gestural Analysis, Experimental Design), Embodiment Studies
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Archibold, E., Hernandez, M.
Leadership During Times of Suffering Academy of Management Proceedings.
- Archibold, E.
Embodied Conflict in Intergenerational Groups European Group for Organizational Studies.
- Albrecht, K., Archibold, E.
Inductive Survey Methods SAGE Publications.
- Aguinis, H., Archibold, E., Rice, D.
Let’s Fix Our Own Problem: Quelling the Irresponsible Research Perfect Storm Journal of Management Studies.
- Blake-Beard, S., Halem, J., Archibold, E., Boncuer, O. D.
Mentoring Relationships of Professional Indian Women
- Archibold, E. Positive Relationships at Work Virtual Meeting,
"Embodied Intergenerational Organizing",
- Archibold, E. Health Justice: Engaging Critical Perspectives,
""Organizing for Health Justice"",
American University School of Law,
Washington DC (Virtual).
- Archibold, E. (Presenter & Author), Boncoeur, O. D. (Presenter Only) Academy of Management Conference,
"Navigating Social Hierarchies in Organizations through Power Currency Attainment (PDW)",
Academy of Management, Chicago,
- Archibold, E. (Presenter & Author) 17th Biennial Meeting of the International Society for Justice Research,
"Deservingness and Agentic Justice Enactment in Health Organizations (Paper Presentation)",
International Society for Justice Research,
- European Group for Organizational Studies. 2020 - Present
- International Association for Conflict Management. 2019 - Present
- American Psychological Association. 2016 - Present
- Academy of Management. 2015 - Present
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Academy of Management Review, 2020 - 2021
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Human Relations Journal (SAGE), 2020
- Editor, Associate Editor, Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Management, Spirituality and Religion Group, 2020
- Committee Member, Organizational Behavior PhD Admission Committee, 2017 - 2018
- NOA-AGEP Research Fellow, National Science Foundation. (2020).
- Sherm-Grinell Scholarship, Department of Organizational Behavior. (2019).
- Graduate Studies Research Fellowship, Department of Graduate Studies. (2019).
- The PhD Project, KPMG Foundation. (2016).