New Program: Sustainability for Value and Profit
Posted 10.16.06Dr. David Cooperrider and Dr. Chris Laszlo will teach a unique program that combines Sustainability – economic, environmental, and social – with Appreciative Inquiry – a positive, proven approach to change management – in order to create a powerful source of business advantage.
February 21 & 22, 2007
You recognize the need to become sustainable—your suppliers and customers demand it, your employees feel good about it, and future generations depend upon it. You also know that sustainability presents unprecedented opportunities for increasing the bottom line over the long term.
It’s time to push your sustainability agenda forward. Using tools for organizational change based on Appreciative Inquiry (AI), this program will help you move beyond individual projects in discrete areas of your organization, and toward a central, integrated strategy that maximizes value creation. AI is a proven approach for engaging multiple stakeholders to achieve rapid, dramatic and holistic change. Identify new business opportunities and discover how to capitalize on sustainability. Learn new ways to innovate, make decisions, and measure outcomes that elevate shareholder and stakeholder value. This program provides a revolutionary approach to achieving sustainable business practices.
Learning will be experiential, interactive and focused on real-time business issues. Using case studies based on Wal-Mart, Toyota and other sustainability leaders, discover the benefits of going beyond regulatory compliance and explore cutting edge ideas that are at the intersection of business and society such as:
- Business risks and opportunities arising from energy needs, climate change, global health challenges, demographic shifts, and poverty
- New ecological resources, supply chain management and product designs to meet changing societal expectations
- New skills required to create value for shareholders and stakeholders
- New tools and metrics to manage sustainability performance
- Corporate culture change required for system-wide success
- Develop practical skills for integrating sustainability into the normal course of business operations.
- Learn how to leverage the strength-based perspective of AI to lead the charge for sustainability.
- Identify sustainability-driven “quick wins” and innovation projects that are strategic and profitable.
- Network and build a sense of community, a shared mindset and culture of sustainable value.
David L. Cooperrider, PhD, is a co-originator of Appreciative Inquiry and Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Case Weatherhead School of Management.
Chris Laszlo, PhD, is Partner and Co-founder of Sustainable Value Partners, Inc. and a Visiting Professor at the Case Weatherhead School of Management.
Time and Location
Dively Building, 11240 Bellflower Road
Cleveland, OH 44106
Session runs 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. both days.
Group dinner on first night.
For more information:
Phone: 216/368-6413 or 800/636-6403