Posted 8.9.06Mohan Reddy has been appointed Interim Dean of the Weatherhead School of Management and is excited about this school year.
I am delighted to have been recently appointed the Interim Dean of the Weatherhead School of Management and I’m thrilled to take on the new role with a faculty and staff who have a long and cherished tradition of innovation. As both a faculty member and a double alumnus (MBA and PhD), I hope to provide leadership and continuity to the school.
It is with great pleasure that I welcome our students to another school year at Weatherhead and welcome our readership back to Weatherheadlines. For many people, summer is the time to kick back, relax, and take it easy. Not here! We’ve been preparing for a busy fall that will exemplify what the Weatherhead experience means for all the members of our community. This includes faculty, students, staff and alumni, every group of which we consider to be a vital part of who we are and with whom I look forward to working.
Our preparation for fall consists of:
- Updating and redesigning our website
- Recruiting five new, outstanding tenure-track faculty in the areas of economics, banking and finance, and organizational behavior
- Faculty and doctoral students preparing academic presentations for conferences to seed future publications in key journals in their respective disciplines
- Beginning to organize with our partner group, COSE, for the 2006 Weatherhead 100 dinner to be held December 5, 2006
- Continuing recruitment of all Masters programs, including the spots-still-available Masters of Positive Organizational Development and Change Program (MPOD), which doesn’t begin classes until early October
- Starting a new series of presentations entitled “Leaders on Leadership” with Mayor Frank Jackson kicking off the series on Friday, September 15th
- Obtaining guest speakers and inviting the northeastern Ohio community to attend the Calfee-Halter Bold Thinkers series; the first presenter scheduled on September 13: Tyler Elm, Senior Director of Corporate Strategy and Business Sustainability at Wal-Mart
- Weatherhead partnering with the Academy of Management and the United Nations Global Compact in a Forum entitled “Business as an Agent of World Benefit: Management Knowledge Leading Positive Change,” a major event occupying the mind and heart of the School over this past year, finally coming to fruition October 22-25, 2006.
Given the above and more, I'm looking forward to an exciting and productive year for everyone and hope that you will join us for any events and activities that you find to be of particular interest.
In the spirit of openness, I would encourage you to contact me if you would like to discuss activities or to talk about the Weatherhead School in general. I can be reached at 216/368-1156 or via email at email@example.com.
With my best personal regards and very warm wishes,
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.