Weatherhead Press and Recognition
Posted 5.25.06Weatherhead students, alumni, and faculty are often interviewed for print, radio and online publications or receive recognition and awards. Weatherheadlines will use this newly created section to report on such coverage.
Weatherhead students, alumni, and faculty are often interviewed for print, radio and online publications or receive recognition and awards. Here are some highlights from this month.
- The following faculty members have recently been promoted: Avi Dor to professor of economics, Eric Bettinger to associate professor of economics, and Sandy Piderit to associate professor of organizational behavior.
- Weatherhead accounting faculty have recently been elected to leadership positions for the American Accounting Association, including: Gary Previts, professor and associate dean for undergraduate and integrated studies, as President Elect for the current year and President for 2007 and Tim Fogarty, professor and associate dean of faculty and research, as the Regional (Ohio) President for the coming year.
- Darlyne Bailey, who received her PhD in organizational behavior from Weatherhead, has been appointed dean at the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Minnesota and was recently featured in an article in The Minnesota Daily.
- William Benish, Philip Niles, and Joshua Shaw, undergraduate economics students, prepared the winning case study in the second annual public policy competition sponsored by the Richard Shatten Memorial Fund of the Cleveland Foundation. Their full report is online at GreenCityBlueLake website.
- David Cooperrider, chair of the organizational behavior department, was a guest on What's Working Today.
- Stan Cort, associate professor of marketing, participated in a WKSU show about product development in the global economy.
- Steve Feldman, associate professor of management policy, has been awarded a Distinguished Lectureship in Business Ethics for China by the American Fulbright Program. He will be teaching at Shanghai International Studies University spring 2007 and will be conducting research about cultural/ethical issues in American-Chinese business relations.
- Ellen Garbarino, assistant professor of marketing, was quoted in an AP article called “Mother's Day Greetings Change With Times” that appeared in more than 25 publications and websites nationwide.
- Leonard Lynn, professor of management policy, and Hal Salzman of the Urban Institute, will be speaking at the Roundtable on Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship in Asia of the Council of Foreign Relations in New York on June 20. They will be discussiong their research on global engineering development projects and technological innovation.
- The research of Leonardo Madureira, assistant professor of banking and finance, was recently featured in aU.S. News & World Report article titled "Conflicts of interest and stock recommendations" that was featured in the special section “From the Briefcase: Research produced by America's Best Business Schools.”
- Gary Murphy, professor of economics, was recently awarded this year’s Weatherhead Undergraduate Teaching Award.
- Regina Olbinsky, director of career services, was extensively quoted in a Cleveland Plain Dealer Jobs Section article offering advice to recent graduates.
- Paul Polinski, assistant professor of accountancy, received a competitive manuscript award for the winning manuscript at the Regional (Ohio) meetings of the American Accounting Association on May 6.
- J.B. Silvers, professor of finance and faculty director of the Health Systems Management Center who used to run QualChoice, appeared in the Plain Dealer article “UHHS to sell or drop its QualChoice plans.”