Dean's Monthly Message
Posted 3.17.06Read the latest message from Dean Myron Roomkin.
Each month I write to tell you about the important achievements at Weatherhead. While there are several such developments to report, I must start by telling you about the resignation of President Hundert.
President Hundert announced his decision to step down effective September 1, 2006. The decision was a personal one that the Board accepted with regret and sadness which, I would add, are my own feelings about his departure. Please go to http://blog.case.edu/casepoint/ if you would like to read the letters from the President and the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Frank Linsalata, which were sent to the University community.
Since his arrival in 2002, President Hundert has inspired us by setting new goals for the University, challenging us to have transformational impact in all that we do, and led us to many noteworthy accomplishments on the road to becoming one of the great research universities in the country.
The Board of Trustees is working with the senior leadership of the University to plan a transition into the next administration. Please be assured that I am working with them, representing both the interests of the entire university, but also the unique issues facing Weatherhead, in particular, and business education, in general.
Turning to the things “going on” at Weatherhead, please take note of the following achievements that are part of our commitment to continuous improvement:
- Students have just returned from France and South Africa learning first-hand the impact of globalization and their role in the world.
- I will be traveling next week to Europe to attend meetings of the Graduate Management Admission Council, and I will also be investigating the possibilities of joint degree programs with several European institutions.
- Nearly 300 Weatherhead students will graduate on May 21st with masters and doctoral degrees. Graduates have already received placement offers from significant companies around the world.
- Applications from impressive prospective students are coming in for each of our programs, and we anticipate filling our classes with intellectually stimulated students who are eager to be part of the Weatherhead community.
- In October, Weatherhead will be co-hosting a landmark forum with the Academy of Management and the U.N. Global Compact to discover, together, how business can become one of the most powerful forces for positive change in the 21st century.
I remain committed to the Weatherhead School and trust that you do, too. Working together, we can achieve great things for Weatherhead, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland and the profession of management.
As always, please contact me if you would like to discuss this letter or to talk about our School in general. I can be reached at 216.368.1156 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With my best personal regards,
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.