Posted 8.30.07Dean Mohan Reddy's monthly message
I am delighted that the Weatherhead School is again alive with activity as we welcome students for the 2007-08 school year and we kick off our Executive Education sessions. The summer has been exciting as we've been busy preparing for fall. Here are a few updates:
- Five new faculty members have joined the school. They include Greg Jonas in Accountancy, David Clingingsmith and Silvia Prina in Economics, Gary Hunter in Marketing and Policy Studies, and Ankur Goel in Operations.
- We have continued our external relations outreach efforts, with alumni events scheduled in several locations throughout the United States, India and Japan.
- Beginning on Thursday, October 4 Weatherhead alumni are invited to a Weatherhead Happy Hour, 4:30 to 6 p.m., in the Dively Building, to be held the first Thursday of each month.
- Professor Gary Previts of the Accountancy department has begun his service as president of the American Accounting Association, the national organization for accounting education and research.
- The Weatherhead Net Impact chapter earned a second place award in the National Green Challenge; and a team of Case Western Reserve students including representatives from Weatherhead won first place in a business concept competition, the culmination of a weeklong Entrepreneurship Immersion for undergraduates.
- We continue to make strides with our MBA program, to build on our strengths here at the school. Our goals for the full-time program include more rigor and integration, greater relevance, and increased emphasis on communication and team work. Our distinguishing characteristic will be the thematic experiences we plan to weave through the second year of the program. I will share details in another message.
We publish Weatherheadlines the first of each month. Each issue will provide news and information about upcoming events at the school. As always, we encourage you to visit the Weatherhead calendar for event details.
I am thrilled with the support and the positive feedback that the school has received over the last few months. I hope you continue to share my enthusiasm for our initiatives. We hope to see you on campus when the opportunity arises.
With warm regards,
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.