2007 Weatherhead 100 Nominations Now Being Accepted
Posted 6.28.07COSE is accepting nominations for the Weatherhead 100 Award through August 6, 2007 at 5:00 pm.
The Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE), and the Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management have begun accepting nominations for the 2007 Weatherhead 100—the 20th anniversary of the awards program. The Weatherhead 100 recognizes the fastest growing companies in Northeast Ohio.
The Weatherhead 100 will identify the 100 fastest growing companies based on sales from 2002 through 2006. Winners must have had net sales of at least $100,000 in 2002 and more than $1 million in 2006. Additionally, winning companies must have employed a minimum of 16 full-time employees in 2006.
“From job creation to innovation, the impact of entrepreneurs is enormous,” said Louis Licata, COSE Chairman and president of Licata & Associates Co. LPA. “It’s only fitting that we recognize their achievements in these challenging times.”
Other qualifications include:
- The company must be headquartered in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Summit, Medina, Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, Portage, Richland, Erie, Huron, Ashland, Wayne, Stark, Trumbull or Mahoning County.
- Net sales and figures for 2002 and all subsequent years must represent a full 12-month period of sales operation; partial years are not accepted.
- 2006 sales must reflect an increase over 2005 sales.
- Franchise headquarters located in Northeast Ohio are eligible for consideration. Individual franchise operations are not eligible.
- The company must not have been a subsidiary of another company anytime during the period of 2002 to 2006.
- The company must be for profit.
The Weatherhead 100 will also honor the top Centurions – the fastest growing companies in the larger, $100 million-plus sales category, as well as the Weatherhead 100 top Up-Starts, growth companies in the smaller, under $1 million-plus sales category and with 15 or less employees.
Weatherhead 100 Centurion nominees must have 100 percent or more sales growth (or equal to the 100th company’s growth percentage if less than 100 percent) from 2002 to 2006, and net sales of $100 million or more in 2006.
Weatherhead 100 Upstart nominees must have sales growth that qualifies for the Weatherhead 100 and must have employed 15 or fewer employees, and/or had less than $1 million in net sales in 2006.
The nomination deadline is 5 p.m. on August 6, 2007. This is the 20th anniversary of the prestigious awards program and winning companies will be honored at a black tie awards dinner 5 p.m. on December 4. at Executive Caterers at Landerhaven. Complete information and a nomination form are available at www.weatherhead100.org.
Founded in 1987 by The Weatherhead School of Management, The Weatherhead 100 has been the foremost honor bestowed on a Northeast Ohio business. In 2004, COSE, which has nurtured the region’s entrepreneurs for more than three decades, became a partner with the Weatherhead School of Management in this effort. Since its inception, more than 2,000 entrepreneurs have achieved the extraordinary business growth required for winning.