The Fowler Center has joined Humanity's Team, The Club of Budapest, and The Goi Peace Foundation to create the Conscious Business Declaration to unite the global community of business leaders.
The Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit joins Humanity’s Team, The Club of Budapest, and The Goi Peace Foundation to create the Conscious Business Declaration.
The Declaration seeks to unite and support the emerging global community of business leaders who operate in a way that consciously aligns with the interconnected and interdependent nature of the world.
Conscious Business Declaration
As a global community of business leaders we are committed to developing the awareness and skills needed to consciously evolve our organizations in alignment with these principles:
- We are one with humanity and all of life. Business and all institutions of the human community are integral parts of a single reality — interrelated, interconnected and interdependent.
- In line with this reality, the purpose of business is to increase economic prosperity while contributing to a healthy environment and improving human wellbeing.
- Business must go beyond sustainability and the philosophy of “do no harm” to restoring the self-renewing integrity of the Earth.
- Integrity requires that business operates with complete economic, social, and financial transparency.
- A successful business behaves as a positive and proactive member of the local and global communities in which it operates.
- Business that sees, honors, and celebrates the essential interconnected nature of all human beings and all life maximizes human potential and helps create a world that works for all.
- When aligned with oneness, business is the most powerful engine on Earth for creating prosperity and flourishing for all.
Learn more about the Declaration.
The Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit at the Weatherhead School of Management exists to advance the scholarship and practice of flourishing enterprise. It is allied with like-minded initiatives helping all institutions create prosperity while nourishing human and natural systems.
For undergraduate programs: learn more information here or apply now. For graduate programs: request more information or apply now. You can also register for one of over 70 open enrollment courses through Executive Education.
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.