MSM-Finance students travel downtown to visit PNC Bank, KeyBank and New York Community Bancorp.
Twenty-one MSM-Finance students participated in a city trek to Cleveland this spring to visit PNC Bank, KeyBank, and New York Community Bancorp.
- give students an internal glimpse of American business operations
- offer students the opportunity to network with peers and potential employers for future jobs and internship opportunities
Members of the Weatherhead community are integral to the planning, development, and overall success of these visits. Alumni and members of the MSM-Finance employer advisory board help Weatherhead students connect for future career success, and the students are afforded the time and space to mingle with these company employees during the trek.
Corporate representatives who helped organize and present during the Cleveland trek include:
- Adriana Tucker, Senior Recruiter Talent Acquisition (PNC)
- Amra Rausche, MBA ’07, Senior Underwriter and VP for Healthcare/Public Finance (PNC)
- Billy Chan, VP, Analytics Portfolio Management/Model Development Expert (PNC)
- Don Schilling, Chief Market Risk Officer, Market Risk Management (KeyBank)
- Richard Bucceri, VP, Talent Acquisition Executive, Human Resources Group (New York Community Bank)
- Zhongcai Zhang, Chief Analytics Officer (New York Community Bank)
Students heard presentations on risk management, healthcare/public finance, credit risk and model development at the companies visited.
Because Weatherhead wants its students to make the most out of these trips, MSM-Finance students undergo a rigorous screening process in order to be eligible for city treks. Students must participate in a minimum of three Career Management Office sponsored events, cover letter and resume consultations, and an hour-long mock interview in order to prepare for and qualify to attend the city trek. This preparation ensures that students present their best selves to the companies visited.
Each trek accommodates between 15 and 20 students. Trips to Chicago, Cleveland, and New York City are planned for the coming academic year, with potential visits to organizations like the New York Stock Exchange, Federal Reserve, Bloomberg, EY, DTCC, and Capital One as part of the itinerary.
Learn more about the MSM-Finance program and job placement services through the Career Management Office at Weatherhead.
Interested in learning more about Weatherhead programs? Request more information or apply now, or register for one of over 70 open enrollment courses through Executive Education.
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.