Free women in leadership online course
Posted 5.8.15Diana Bilimoria, PhD, professor of organizational behavior, is teaching the MOOC Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change May 15-June 15. Register today!
Taught by Diana Bilimoria, PhD, professor of organizational behavior, this course aims to inspire and empower women and men across the world to engage in purposeful career development and take on leadership for important causes—to lead change with more conviction and confidence—and improve our workplaces and communities for all.
By offering more complex understandings of issues related to professional women and work, the course will help you increase self-knowledge about your own values and vision, as well as enhance your capabilities as a leader, manager, and team contributor. We will examine the opportunities, challenges, trade-offs, and organizational dynamics experienced by women in work organizations, as well as reflect on and practice effective individual behaviors.
The course aims at answering questions such as:
- What are the valued attributes and behaviors of women in the workplace?
- How does the gendered nature of organizations impact women?
- What derails our career advancement and what propels us upward?
- What are your leadership goals and aspirations?
- How can you best integrate your multiple family and work life commitments?
- How do you define career success?
- What can organizations do to provide women with opportunities to excel?
- What opportunities could our global economy harness by advancing women to leadership?
- How can the full talents of the workforce be tapped into and developed?
Read the full description of the course and view the syllabus on Coursera.org.
Course registration is free and the five-week series begins May 15. Register today!
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.