Weatherhead School of Management shares list of top 10 defining moments of 2012
Before we sink our teeth into the new year, let’s look back at the milestones that defined 2012 for the Weatherhead community.
- Global leader and scholar, Robert E. Widing II, PhD, returned to the Weatherhead community as our new dean
- Susan Helper, PhD, Frank Tracy Carlton Professor in Economics, joined the White House’s Council of Economic Advisors for a one-year term as a senior economist
- Weatherhead launched three new international programs; we brought our MPOD to India and our MS-Finance to China and started our brand-new Global MBA
- The American Institute of CPAs named Gary Previts, PhD, Distinguished University Professor and E. Mandell de Windt Professor in Enterprise and Leadership Development, among "125 People of Impact in Accounting"
- A Weatherhead student team claimed the ACG Cup for the third year in a row
- Diana Bilimoria, who was named KeyBank Professor in May 2012, received the ACE Ohio Women’s Network’s 2012 Excellence in Higher Education Leadership Award
- Richard Boyatzis, PhD, Distinguished University Professor and H.R. Horvitz Professor in Family Business, was named the ninth most influential international thinker by the U.K.’s HR Magazine
- The Fowler Center, in partnership with OpenIDEO, launched a global design challenge to prototype a prize recognizing businesses that innovate for world benefit
- Dual-degree student JeShaune Jackson, who is working toward his MBA and a master’s in biotechnology entrepreneurship, cocreated BioComm, a startup that won second prize in Johnson & Johnson’s Be Vital Challenge
- The Peter B. Lewis Building celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2012
Interested in learning more about Weatherhead programs? Request more information or apply now, or register for one of over 70 open enrollment courses through Executive Education.
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.