We've discovered 10 facts about our new dean, Robert E. Widing II, that you won’t find in the official press release.
- volunteered to serve in the U.S. Army after high school and attended college under the GI Bill
- is a Buckeye! Dean Widing completed his BA, MBA and PhD in marketing and international business at The Ohio State University
- majored in history
- was recognized as a “Top-Ten” marketing researcher in Australasia and Asia by the Journal of Marketing Education
- has three adult sons with his wife, Judi
- is a dual citizen of Australia and the U.S., as are Judi and their three children. The Widing family lived in Australia for 15 of the last 20 years!
- was awarded the Distinguished Marketing Researcher Award--the highest research honor in marketing given by the Australia-New Zealand Marketing Academy
- is married to a huge Browns fan
- is originally from Pittsburgh, PA (Guess which football team he roots for!)
- loves Cleveland, having taught marketing at Weatherhead early in his career from 1988 to 1993
Want to learn more about our dean? Here's one of those press releases we mentioned earlier: Robert E. Widing starts today as Weatherhead School of Management dean
Watch dean Widing's Meet the Dean address
Interested in learning more about Weatherhead programs? Request more information or apply now, or register for one of over 70 open enrollment courses through Executive Education.
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.