Weatherhead students, alumni, and faculty are often interviewed for print, radio and online publications or receive recognition and awards. Weatherheadlines will use this newly created section to report on such coverage.
Weatherhead students, alumni, and faculty are often interviewed for print, radio and online publications or receive recognition and awards. Here are some highlights from this month.
- Mike Belsito (MBA '05) is currently working for Findaway, a company that was recently featured in a five-part series in the Plain Dealer about entrepreneurship.
- Professor of Organizational Behavior, Richard Boyatzis, has been extensively interviewed nationwide about hisnew book Resonant Leadership: Renewing Yourself and Connecting with Others Through Mindfulness, Hope, and Compassion. Articles or interviews have been, or will soon be, published or produced in BusinessWeek Online, GovLeaders.org, Human Capital Institute, USA Today, PW Booklife, CEO Read, T+D Extra newsletter, Psychology Today, CIO Insight, Small Business Advocate Radio and other radio outlets nationwide.
- Aaron Calhoun, (MBA Candidate 2006), Janet Hutchins, (MBA Candidate, 2006),and Lynette Jackson (MBA Candidate, 2007)are each recipients of a National Black MBA Association scholarship. They will be recognized at an event in Cleveland on December 2.
- Professor of Economics, Bo Carlsson, was a guest on Cleveland's WCPN/ideastream’s 90.3 at 9 program on November 21 discussing a recent survey by Site Selection Magazine (click on Business Climate Rankings) which ranked Ohio 4th as a place for locating a business. (The recorded interview will be available soon on our website.)
- Patrice Clayton MBA’01 is featured in the November issue of O, Magazine on page 139 drinking tea in her store. Her scones and her tearoom business in Harlem are also featured on Oprah's website.
- Chair and Professor of Organizational Behavior and Founder of Business as an Agent of World Benefit (BAWB), David Cooperrider, and BAWB Executive Director, Judy Rodgers, were featured on WCPN/ideastream’s Making Change: Building the Region’s Future by Cindi Deutschman-Ruiz about BAWB's three-day summit.
- Associate Professor of Marketing Stan Cort was recently interviewed along with Don Schilling, business editor for the Youngstown Vindicator, as an expert on the supply chain, on 90.3 at 9 show on Cleveland's WCPN/ideastream. The topic was the Delphi Corp. Bankruptcy, GM similar problems, and the impacts on northeast Ohio. (The recorded interview will be available soon on our website.)
- Regina Olbinsky MBA '98 has recently won a national award through theSociety for Human Resource Management for a Mentoring program that she developed and implemented at the Cleveland chapter. She is the president of The Career Group, LLC.
- Dean Myron Roomkin was recently featured in an Inside Business November 2005 cover article about his one year tenure at the school.
Interested in learning more about Weatherhead programs? Request more information or apply now, or register for one of over 70 open enrollment courses through Executive Education.
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.