Announcing a new book by Weatherhead professor Sayan Chatterjee: Failsafe Strategies: Profit and Grow from Risks that Others Avoid. Today, many companies have become powerfully averse to taking the risks that are essential to long-term success. Dr. Sayan Chatterjee shows how to identify high-risk, high-return opportunities, and then systematically mitigate those risks up front, as you design your initiative...
Pursue your best business opportunities-without the risk!
Today, many companies have become powerfully averse to taking the risks that are essential to long-term success. Dr. Sayan Chatterjee shows how to identify high-risk, high-return opportunities, and then systematically mitigate those risks up front, as you design your initiative. His techniques can help you safely pursue huge opportunities that others pass up-and sustain profit growth far into the future.
Listen to an interview with Dr. Chatterjee
Here's what you gain from this dynamic new book:
- • A complete framework for attacking high-risk, high-return opportunities
Powerful new tools for sustaining long-term growth and profitability
- • Clarifying and mitigating your real risks
Understanding what is visible to your customer and how that affects your risk
- • JetBlue vs. Southwest: More than one way to skin a cat
Identifying multiple competitive objectives, and multiple ways to achieve them
- • Tracking and reducing risks in real-time
Discovering mistakes in assumptions or logic while there's time to fix them
- • Creative ways to leverage existing resources more effectively
Reducing risk by avoiding unnecessary additional investments-and what to do when you can't
- • Execution: Getting your ducks in a row
Creating an organization that can deliver on your high-value, low-risk strategies
- • Reducing the hazards of growth and diversification strategies
Planning to grow or extend your core markets
- • Entering existing markets without the risk
Finding more effective ways to overcome entry barriers
- • Shaping new markets: products, processes, and platforms
What it takes to successfully create and dominate a new market
Interested in learning more about Weatherhead programs? Request more information or apply now, or register for one of over 70 open enrollment courses through Executive Education.
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.