Posted 11.15.04Announcing a new book by Weatherhead professor Sayan Chatterjee: Failsafe Strategies: Profit and Grow from Risks that Others Avoid. Today, many companies have become powerfully averse to taking the risks that are essential to long-term success. Dr. Sayan Chatterjee shows how to identify high-risk, high-return opportunities, and then systematically mitigate those risks up front, as you design your initiative...
Pursue your best business opportunities-without the risk!
Today, many companies have become powerfully averse to taking the risks that are essential to long-term success. Dr. Sayan Chatterjee shows how to identify high-risk, high-return opportunities, and then systematically mitigate those risks up front, as you design your initiative. His techniques can help you safely pursue huge opportunities that others pass up-and sustain profit growth far into the future.
Listen to an interview with Dr. Chatterjee
Here's what you gain from this dynamic new book:
- • A complete framework for attacking high-risk, high-return opportunities
Powerful new tools for sustaining long-term growth and profitability
- • Clarifying and mitigating your real risks
Understanding what is visible to your customer and how that affects your risk
- • JetBlue vs. Southwest: More than one way to skin a cat
Identifying multiple competitive objectives, and multiple ways to achieve them
- • Tracking and reducing risks in real-time
Discovering mistakes in assumptions or logic while there's time to fix them
- • Creative ways to leverage existing resources more effectively
Reducing risk by avoiding unnecessary additional investments-and what to do when you can't
- • Execution: Getting your ducks in a row
Creating an organization that can deliver on your high-value, low-risk strategies
- • Reducing the hazards of growth and diversification strategies
Planning to grow or extend your core markets
- • Entering existing markets without the risk
Finding more effective ways to overcome entry barriers
- • Shaping new markets: products, processes, and platforms
What it takes to successfully create and dominate a new market
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University cultivates creativity, innovation, and purpose-driven leadership to design a better world.