- Welcome to Tanzania: CWRU Engineering and Management Students Collaborate for Social Good Management and engineering students collaborate for social good in Tanzania as part of Managing in a Global Economy, a course co-taught by Weatherhead School assistant professor Michael Goldberg and Chemical Engineering Department Chair Dan Lacks.
- Professor Chris Laszlo AIM2Flourish Keynote The Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit's Faculty Executive Director Chris Laszlo, Ph.D., presented a key note at the Leading for Well-being Conference hosted at the OECD headquarters in Paris, France on Feb 23-24. Laszlo’ opening keynote of the two-day OECD workshop on “Measuring Business Impacts on People’s Wellbeing” was titled “How can the business sector become a positive driver of human well-being?” His presentation centered on results and areas of emerging research from the Fowler Center’s AIM2Flourish initiative. The Workshop is organized in collaboration with the OECD and others as part of the Leading for Well-being initiative, an international coalition of organizations, scholars, business people, media experts and policy makers seeking to integrate the emerging practice of well-being with more sustainable practices at the corporate, community and policy levels. The Fowler Center is a founding co-sponsor for the Leading for Well-being initiative. The AIM2Flourish initiative connects students and business leaders worldwide to discover and learn about profitable innovations for achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and a flourishing world for all. AIM2Flourish is the world’s first higher education curriculum, story platform, and recognition program for SDGs business solutions. Students interview a business leader using Appreciative Inquiry questions (a positive, strengths-based approach created at Case Western Reserve University), and then publish a story (425 as of Feb. 2017) on AIM2Flourish.com. The inaugural Flourish Prizes—one for each SDG—will be awarded at the June 2017 Fourth Global Forum: Discovering Flourishing Enterprise, hosted at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH. Learn more at http://www.AIM2FlourishTeam.com. Laszlo is the Char and Chuck Fowler Professor of Business as an Agent of World Benefit and Faculty Executive Director of the Fowler Center at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. To learn more about the Feb. 23-24 workshop, please visit http://www.oecd.org/statistics/Workshop-on-Measuring-Business-Impacts-on-Peoples-Well-being-agenda.pdf. Visit the Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit's website at: https://weatherhead.case.edu/centers/fowler/
- Fourth Global Forum for Business as an Agent of World Benefit JUNE 14-16, 2017 at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. Learn more and register at http://globalforum.case.edu/
- Business as an Agent of World Benefit
Business is a powerful force for change in the world. We call it Business as an Agent of World Benefit (BAWB). We know there are exciting stories everywhere about how the business sector is putting its people, imagination and assets to work for the benefit of humanity. But until now, there hasn’t been a way for all these exemplary stories to be seen and amplified. This short video introduces AIM2Flourish, the world’s first global action-learning platform showcasing business innovations that solve humanity’s greatest challenges. Business students use the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, along with Appreciative Inquiry (strength-based interviews) to search out and report on world-changing innovations. We will celebrate the best-of-the-best business innovation stories with the Flourish Prizes at the Global Forum June 14-16, 2017.
AIM2Flourish is supported by the Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit in the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University. AIM2Flourish is co-sponsored by the UN Global Compact PRME, GRLI and other business partners. To learn more, contact Roberta Baskin, AIM2Flourish Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more at AIM2Flourish.com (learning platform) and AIM2FlourishTeam.com (project site).
The Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit exists to advance the scholarship and practice of flourishing enterprise. The Center’s primary focus is on for-profit organizations that use their core activities to create value for society and the environment in ways that create even more value for their customers and shareholders. Its theory of change draws on Positive Organizational Science, Appreciative Inquiry, Sustainable Value, Design, and Systems Thinking. Contact Katherine Gullet, Fowler Center Senior Director at email@example.com. Learn more at weatherhead.case.edu.
- Flourishing Enterprise The New Spirit of Business Flourishing enterprise: how it's different from business-as-usual and why it will help you and your organization thrive
- The Future of Education: Interview with Peter Senge Peter Senge is a Senior Lecturer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and on the Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit's Advisory Board. He is also Founding Chair of the Society for Organizational Learning (SoL), a global community of corporations, researchers, and consultants committed “to increase our capacity to collectively realize our highest aspirations and productively resolve our differences.” Recently Dr. Senge sat down with the Fowler Center's Roberta Baskin to reflect on the future of education.
- David Cooperrider and the Fowler Center http://weatherhead.case.edu/fowler/ - The Fowler Center for Sustainable Value at the Weatherhead School of Management leverages interdisciplinary scholarship and practice to help leaders capitalize on new profitable business opportunities to solve the world's growing social and environmental problems. The Center works directly with all institutions to embed sustainability into their core strategy, applying cutting-edge competencies in design, innovation, whole systems, and appreciative inquiry. The Fowler Center is led by Executive Director Roger Saillant, PhD. http://weatherhead.case.edu/centers/fowler/ Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management is located in Cleveland, Ohio.