Change LeadershipRoom 202 George S. Dively Building
11240 Bellflower Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44106
IDEA hosts Anand Swaminathan, Managing Director, Accenture Digital: Come learn about angel investing in tech startupsPeter B. Lewis Building, Room 04
11119 Bellflower Road
Cleveland, OH 44106-7235
Weatherhead WednesdaysThe Root Cafe
15118 Detroit Avenue
- Discover more about Diana Bilimoria, PhD, KeyBank Professor and Chair of the Department of Organizational Behavior at the Weatherhead School of Management, interviewed in the most recent issue of think magazine.
- Scott Shane, A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies and Professor of Economics, comments on the growth of online note-selling in BloombergBusiness.
- Richard Buchanan, PhD, professor of design and innovation, discussed the benefit of incorporating design into K-12 education, a concept some schools in China already have adopted. "In Wuxi they do not teach to the test. They have the students engaged and making things in the world and experiencing things, thinking and reflecting. That's important. That's a key," Buchanan said.
- When EarlySense Ltd.—an Israeli medical device startup—struggled during the 2008 economic downturn, investors fled. But not Michael Goldberg, assistant professor of design and innovation at Weatherhead. The Cleveland venture capitalist helped design a recovery plan that made EarlySense stronger than ever. Since 2010, the company has garnered $65 million in new investments, including $10 million from a unit of Samsung Corp. announced this year.
- Invited by Ernst Young Italy to give a keynote on "Sustainable Value: Is Integration the Trick?", Chris Laszlo, PhD, professor of organizational behavior and faculty director for research and outreach at the Fowler Center, will speak at the Milan World Expo on October 14, 2015. His keynote will be followed by a roundtable of business leaders who will comment and discuss the topics. The Universal Expo’s theme is "Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life."
Ohio's middle class still struggling to recover, not only from Great Recession, but also the one in 2001Mark Sniderman, executive in residence in economics, explains that education--not necessarily manufacturing--holds the key to improving Ohio's economy.
The Weatherhead Collection
Each book of The Weatherhead Collection centers on a theme and highlights the teaching, research and innovation happening at Weatherhead School of Management.