Somali Ghosh teaches Marketing Management, Brand Management and Strategic Internet Marketing. She was appointed in 2016. Somali earned her Doctorate in Marketing from SUNY Binghamton in 2011. She has previously taught at The University of Michigan Flint and SUNY Binghamton. Somali has won the Golden Apple Award for excellence in teaching from the University of Michigan Flint and was in the Dean’s Honor Roll for excellence in teaching at SUNY Binghamton.Curriculum Vita
Prior to joining academia, Somali served in the Indian Civil Services under the Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India, and was part of the elite team of economists responsible for formulating India’s Five-Year plans. She has served as a part of the Mathematical Modeling Unit in the Perspective Planning Division of the Planning Commission of India. This unique combination of quantitative skills from her work experience as an economist and qualitative skills from her Doctorate in Marketing influence both her research and her teaching by bringing in a holistic approach to marketing concepts and their evaluation. Somali’s research interests lie in inter-firm relations, marketing research methodology and consumer behavior especially as related to cultural issues.
2021 Article entitled “How upskilling along with regular education can help students be industry ready”, March 10, 2021, India Today, (India Today is India’s top most news magazine ). Published simultaneously in Europe through Indianow.eu
2021 Article entitled “Reshaping Global Classrooms”, The Statesman Newspaper (One of India’s most prominent English newspapers ), published simultaneously in Kolkata and Delhi, India, Published 9 March , 2021.
2021 Article entitled “Ways Students Can Be Trained For The Corporate World”, Feb 13th, 2021, in India Today, (India Today is India’s top most news magazine); Published simultaneously in Europe through Indianow.eu
2021 Article entitled “E-learning: A boon for the Indian higher education system”, Jan 25th, 2021.
PhD, State University of New York Binghamton, 2011
Initially Appointed: 2016
MS, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 2005
MS, University of Calcutta, 1995
Inter firm relations, marketing research methodology and consumer behavior especially as related to cultural issues.
Pedagogical Issues Related to Business Education
Marketing Management, Marketing Strategy, Consumer Behavior, New Product Development, Brand Management, Strategic Internet Marketing
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Ghosh, S.
Importance of Constructive Feedback for the Growth of Students
Higher Education Digest:
Higher Education Digest.
- Ghosh, S.
In India Today Editorial Board (Ed.),
How upskilling along with regular education can help students be industry ready
Delhi, India for India Today and Europe for Indianow.eu:
India Today and Indianow.eu.
- Ghosh, S.
In The Statesman Editorial Board (Ed.),
Reshaping Global Classrooms
Delhi and Kolkata, India, The Statesman Newspaper:
The Statesman Newspaper.
- Ghosh, S.
Ways Students Can Be Trained For The Corporate World
(Feb 16th 2021 edition ed., ).
New Delhi and Europe:
India Today in India and Indianow.eu in Europe.
- Ghosh, S.
In Editorial board of Educationworld (Ed.),
E-learning: A boon for the Indian higher education system
- Mishra, D., Ghosh, S.
Detecting item bias in latent construct between group comparisons: an illustrative example using multi-sample covariance structural equations modeling
(vol. II, issue 3, ).
Problems and Perspective In Management.
- Chatterjee, S., Ghosh, S.
Attenuating Suspicion by Revealing Seller Self-Interest: The Role of Categorical versus Situational Association of Sinister Attribution
(vol. 8, ).
Asia-Pacific Advances in Consumer Research.
- AMA Northeast Ohio Chapter. 2021 - Present
- American Marketing Association. 2016 - Present
- Committee Member, FSCUE SUB COMMITTE ON UNDERGRADUATE CURRICULUM, 2019 - 2024
- Committee Member, FSCUE Curriculum Sub Committee, 2019 - 2022
- Attended Choices Fairs at Weatherhead, Choices Fairs at Weatherhead, 2018
- Committee Member, UGIS, 2017 - Present
- Committee Member, FSCUE, 2017 - 2019
- Committee Member, Adnmission and Aid Sub Committee, 2017
- Faculty Advisor, Undergraduate Marketing Club, 2016 - Present
- Committee Member, UGIS, 2016 - 2023
- Invited to Wolstein Society Induction, Weatherhead and Wolstein Society. (2020).
- Finalist for Weatherhead Undergraduate Teaching Award, Weatherhead School of Management. (2020).
- Nominated for the 2019 WSOM UG Teaching Award., WSOM. (2019).
- Nominee for 2019 Carl F. Wittke Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, Case Western Reserve University. (2019).
- Golden Apple Award, University of Michigan Flint. (2013).