Joonki Noh, PhD, assistant professor of banking and finance, joined Weatherhead School of Management in 2015 after obtaining his doctorate in finance from Emory University. Noh’s research interests are in the areas of empirical and theoretical asset pricing, market microstructure, big data, and econometrics. His Weatherhead courses include Investment Management and Management. He instructs undergraduates and also graduate students in the Master of Science in Management-Finance program.
Noh has presented at numerous universities including Emory University, Purdue University, Tulane University, Syracuse University, University of Melbourne and University of New South Wales. He has also presented at the annual meetings of the Financial Management Association (FMA) and the Northern Finance Association (NFA).
Noh has received numerous academic awards, including the Shinhan Bank and Korea American Finance Association Scholarship; the George J. Benston Scholar Award, Goizueta Business School, Emory University; the Goizueta Fellowship, Goizueta Business School, Emory University; and the American Finance Association Travel Grant, American Finance Association (AFA).
Before becoming a financial economist, he was an electrical engineer having earned a PhD in electrical engineering from the University of Michigan.Personal Website
Emory University, 2015
PhD, University of Michigan, 2007
MA, University of Michigan, 2007
MS, University of Michigan, 2005
BS, Seoul National University, 2003
Interests and Courses
Empirical and Theoretical Asset Pricing, Behavioral Finance, Big Data, Econometrics
Investment, Big Data, Empirical Asset Pricing, Econometrics
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Amihud, Y., Noh, J.
The Pricing of the Illiquidity Factor's Systematic Risk R&R at the Journal of Financial Economics.
- Jegadeesh, N., Noh, J., Pukthuanthong, K., Roll, R., Wang, J.
Empirical Tests of Asset Pricing Models with Individual Stocks: Resolving the Errors-in-variables Bias in Risk Premium Estimation R&R at the Journal of Financial Economics.
- Noh, J.
Industry Networks and the Speed of Information Flow
- Noh, J. (Presenter & Author) NFA Annual Meeting, "Industry Networks and the Speed of Information Flow", Northern Finance Association, (2015).
- Noh, J. (Discussant) SFS Cavalcade, "Discussion of Liquidity Uncertainty", Society for Financial Studies, (2015).
- Noh, J. (Discussant) NBER Market Microstructure Meeting, "Discussion of The Pricing of the Illiquidity Factor's Systematic Risk", National Bureau of Economic Research, Boston. (2014).
- Shinhan Bank & KAFA Scholarship, Korea America Finance Association. (2014).
- George J. Benston Scholar Award, Goizueta Business School, Emory University. (2014).
- Goizueta Fellowship, Goizueta Business School, Emory University. (2014).
- American Finance Association Travel Grant, American Finance Association . (2013).
- Distinguished Academic Achievement Award, College of Engineering, University of Michigan. (2008).
- Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, College of Engineering, University of Michigan. (2008).