John Keyser, MBA, visiting professor of accountancy, was initially appointed to the teaching faculty at the Weatherhead School of Management in 2015. He teaches Advanced Auditing Theory and Practice, and Advanced Financial Reporting.
Keyser’s publications include “The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board’s (PCAOB) role in Audit Conduct and Conscience” published in RESEARCH IN ACCOUNTING REPORTING. He has offered several presentations on the role of the auditor.
His professional memberships include the American Accounting Association (AAA), the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). In 2013, Keyser received Partner of the Year Award at McGladrey, LLP.
Keyser received his MBA from the University of Akron.
University of Akron, 1994
BA, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 1993
Interests and Courses
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Keyser, J. D.
In Gary J. Previts (Ed.),
The PCAOB’s Role in Audit Conduct and Conscience (vol. 27, issue 2, pp. 111-118). Research in Accounting Regulation.
- Keyser, J. D. Webinar, "The Importance of ICFR and the Auditor's Role", Moss Adams, Internet based. (2016).
- Keyser, J. D. (Presenter & Author) Boesger Christian Business Leader Series, "The Auditor and His Public Interest Responsibility", Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, Ohio. (2015).
Academic and Professional Activities
- Ohio Society of CPAs . 2013 - Present
- American Accounting Association . 2008 - Present
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners . 2004 - Present
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants . 1996 - Present
- Partner of the Year, McGladrey, LLP. (2013).