Jennifer has 27 years of management consulting experience in positions ranging from associate partner with the global management consulting firm Accenture to head of her own consulting practice. Her management consulting expertise is in guiding organizations to envision, plan, and implement successful change. Her experience includes developing and implementing strategies in transformational change, process and organizational design, and organizational communications. Johnson has led project teams in a number of industries, including healthcare, telecommunications, utilities, natural resources, and manufacturing, and her clients have ranged in size from established Fortune 500 organizations to new corporate ventures. Also, she has provided strategic consulting to a variety of nonprofit organizations. In addition, Johnson has developed and implemented frameworks and tools for the successful planning and implementation of consulting projects, and has been a faculty member in several professional education programs for business executives.
Prior to entering her career in consulting, Johnson received an MBA with an emphasis in Management Information Systems from the Weatherhead School of Management. She remained active on campus after receiving her MBA, and was a guest lecturer at Weatherhead for eight years before joining the faculty. Jennifer received a BA in Sociology from Northwestern University.
MBA, Case Western Reserve University, 1987
BA, Northwestern University, 1973
Interests and Courses
Bringing management theory to life through real-world examples is Johnson's focus in the classroom. She blends her business knowledge and examples with student observations and experiences to heighten awareness of challenges and opportunities students will be facing in the business world. Her emphasis is on building knowledge and skills to prepare students to be highly successful in their careers.
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Johnson, J. L. Action Learning in Business Education Conference, "Action Learning in Undergraduate Business Programs", University of Michigan, Ross School of Business, Ann Arbor, MI. (2015).
- Johnson, J. L. International Women's Day 2013, "Panel Discussion on Success", Accenture, Cleveland, OH. (2013).
Academic and Professional Activities
- Planning Resource, Business Volunteers Unlimited, Cleveland, OH, 2015
- Committee Member, D&I NTT Faculty Member Search Committee, 2014
- Committee Chair, UGIS Undergraduate Advisor Search Committee, 2014
- Committee Member, Athletic Visiting Committee, CWRU, Cleveland, Ohio, 2014 - Present
- Faculty Advisor, Wolstein Society, 2013 - Present
- Committee Member, HLC Assurance Argument Committee, 2013 - Present
- Committee Member, Education Abroad Advisory Council, 2013 - Present
- Committee Member, Search Committee for University Athletic Director, 2013 - 2014
- Focus Group Planner and Facilitator , Business Volunteers Unlimited, Cleveland, OH, 2013
- Faculty Senate Committee for Undergraduate Education, Curriculum Sub-Committee, 2012 - Present
- Committee Member, Outcome Assessment Coordinating Committee, 2012 - Present
- Committee Member, University Retention Task Force, 2012 - Present
- Committee Chair, Undergraduate and Integrated Studies Committee, 2011 - Present
- Committee Member, Faculty Council - Dean's Succession Process , 2011
- Faculty Advisor, Case Undergraduate Consulting Club, 2011 - Present
- Committee Member, Academic Affairs Committee, 2011 - Present
- Committee Member, Dean's Advisory Group on Recruiting , 2011 - Present
- Committee Member, University Accreditation Task Force , 2011 - 2012
- Committee Member, Faculty Senate Committee on Undergraduate Education, Curriculum Subcommittee on , 2011 - 2012
- Committee Member, University Programs Committee, 2011 - 2012
- Committee Member, Weatherhead Faculty Council, 2010 - Present
- Committee Member, Undergraduate & Integrated Studies Committee, 2010 - 2011
- Committee Member, Undergraduate New Course Development Task Force, 2010 - 2011
- Committee Chair, Weatherhead Undergraduate Curriculum Review Committee, 2010
- Committee Member, Faculty Senate Committee for Undergraduate Education, 2010 - 2011
- Planner and Facilitator - Board Focus Group, Business Volunteers Unlilmited, Cleveland, OH, 2010 - 2011
- Workshop Organizer, Business Volunteers Unlimited, Cleveland, Ohio, 2009
- Nominated for the 2010 J. Bruce Jackson, M.D., Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Mentoring, (2010).
- Nominated for Weatherhead Undergraduate Teaching Award 2010, (2010).
- Delta Tau Delta Faculty Recognition, Delta Tau Delta Fraternity. (2009).
- Nominated for Weatherhead Undergraduate Teaching Award 2009, (2009).
- Finalist, Weatherhead Undergraduate Teaching Award 2008, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio. (2008).
- Alpha Chi Omega Faculty Recognition, Alpha Chi Omega Sorority. (2007).
- Delta Tau Delta Faculty Recognition, Delta Tau Delta Fraternity. (2007).
- Nominated for Weatherhead Undergraduate Teaching Award 2007, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH. (2007).