Dennis A. Conrad, CPA and associate professor of accountancy, has a long association with Case Western Reserve University. He was a member of the inaugural class of the Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program at Case Western Reserve and received his degree in 1982. He then went to work in public accounting for the next thirty years at Price Waterhouse and IBM in Cleveland until his retirement in 2013. While employed, his primary focus was in helping clients make the most of their investment in accounting information systems (AIS), primarily with systems, applications and products (SAP) and Oracle systems. In fact, Conrad holds several patents related to configuration of packaged information systems.
Conrad returned to Case Western Reserve in 2014 as an adjunct professor for one semester before becoming an associate professor. He teaches courses such as Accounting Information Systems-Basic, Corporate Reporting I, and Excel Applications and Modeling. He served on the Accountancy Curriculum Committee before becoming its chairperson in 2015. He has served as a faculty advisor to Beta Alpha Psi and was honored in 2011 to receive their Alumnus of the Year Award.
Beyond his academic responsibilities, Conrad is a Deacon in the Catholic Church. Dennis and his wife spend the winter months in Georgia each year..
MAcc, Case Western Reserve University, 1982
Initially Appointed: 2014
BBA, Augusta University, 1981
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- member, American Accounting Association. 2016 - Present
- Committee Member, Cleveland Catholic Foundation - Professional Advisory Board, Cleveland, Ohio, 2016 - Present
- Committee Chair, Accountancy Curriculum Committee, 2015 - Present
- Faculty Advisor, Beta Alpha Psi, 2015 - 2016
- Committee Member, Accountancy Curriculum Committee, 2014 - 2015
- Committee Member, Accountancy Board, 2012 - Present
- Officer, Treasurer, Ohio SpeedSkating Association, Westlake, OH, 2007 - Present
- Nominated for the WSOM Undergraduate Teaching Award, Weatherhead School of Management. (2018).
- Nominated for Carl F. Wittke Award for Undergraduate Teaching, CASE. (2018).
- Nominated for Weatherhead Undergraduate Teaching Award, (2017).
- Nominated for Carl F. Wittke Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, (2016).
- Nominated for Weatherhead Undergraduate Teaching Award, (2016).
- Beta Alpha Psi Alumnus of the Year Award, (2011).