Somali Ghosh teaches Marketing Management, Brand Management and Strategic Internet Marketing. She was appointed in 2016. Somali earned her Doctorate in Marketing from SUNY Binghamton in 2011. She has previously taught at The University of Michigan Flint and SUNY Binghamton. Somali has won the Golden Apple Award for excellence in teaching from the University of Michigan Flint and was in the Dean’s Honor Roll for excellence in teaching at SUNY Binghamton.Curriculum Vita
Prior to joining academia, Somali served in the Indian Civil Services under the Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India, and was part of the elite team of economists responsible for formulating India’s Five-Year plans. She has served as a part of the Mathematical Modeling Unit in the Perspective Planning Division of the Planning Commission of India. This unique combination of quantitative skills from her work experience as an economist and qualitative skills from her Doctorate in Marketing influence both her research and her teaching by bringing in a holistic approach to marketing concepts and their evaluation. Somali’s research interests lie in inter-firm relations, marketing research methodology and consumer behavior especially as related to cultural issues.
PhD, State University of New York Binghamton, 2011
Initially Appointed: 2016
MS, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 2005
MS, University of Calcutta, 1995
Inter firm relations, marketing research methodology and consumer behavior especially as related to cultural issues.
Marketing Management, Marketing Strategy, Consumer Behavior, New Product Development, Brand Management
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Mishra, D., Ghosh, S.
Detecting item bias in latent construct between group comparisons: an illustrative example using multi-sample covariance structural equations modeling
(vol. II, issue 3, ).
Problems and Perspective In Management.
- Chatterjee, S., Ghosh, S.
Attenuating Suspicion by Revealing Seller Self-Interest: The Role of Categorical versus Situational Association of Sinister Attribution
(vol. 8, ).
Asia-Pacific Advances in Consumer Research.
- American Marketing Association. 2016 - Present
- Committee Member, FSCUE Curriculum Sub Committee, 2019 - 2022
- Attended Choices Fairs at Weatherhead, Choices Fairs at Weatherhead, 2018
- Committee Member, UGIS, 2017 - Present
- Committee Member, FSCUE, 2017 - 2019
- Committee Member, Adnmission and Aid Sub Committee, 2017
- Faculty Advisor, Undergraduate Marketing Club, 2016 - Present
- Nominated for the 2019 WSOM UG Teaching Award., WSOM. (2019).
- Nominee for 2019 Carl F. Wittke Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, Case Western Reserve University. (2019).
- Golden Apple Award, University of Michigan Flint. (2013).