Li Wang, PhD, assistant professor of banking and finance, joined Weatherhead School of Management in 2016.
Wang’s research interest focuses on empirical asset pricing. Specifically, she studies relations between derivatives markets and underlying equity or commodity market, market microstructure, and security lending. Her research “New Evidence on Financialization of Commodity Markets” has been published at the Review of Financial Studies as a lead article selected by the editor. She has given presentations and held discussions at the annual conference of Financial Management Association (FMA) and the annual conference of Southern Financial Association (SFA).
Wang teaches corporate finance and applications in financial Big Data at the Weatherhead School of Management. Prior to this, she has taught at University of Illinois and Rochester Institute of Technology. In the classroom, she emphasizes understanding fundamental concepts, but keeps open communication to facilitate feedback and interaction.
Wang has received numerous academic awards including the American Finance Association Travel Grant, Best Derivatives Paper Award at the SFA, and Van Arsdell teaching award at the University of Illinois.
PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2015
Initially Appointed: 2016
MS, University of Maryland at College Park, 2009
MA, Renmin University of China, 2006
BA, Renmin University of China, 2004
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Henderson, B. J., Pearson, N. D., Wang, L.
New Evidence on the Financialization of Commodity Markets
(vol. 28, pp. 1285-1311, 2015).
Oxford University Press :
Review of Financial Studies.
- Henderson, B., Pearson, N., Wang, L.
Pre-Trade Hedging: Evidence from the issuance of retail structured products
Journal of Financial Economics.
- Wang, L.
Colorado Finance Summit,
University of Colorado's Leeds School of Business,
- Weatherhead Emerging Impact Award, Weatherhead School of Management. (2017).
- Best Derivatives Paper Award, SFA annual meeting. (2014).
- Corzine Fellowship, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. (2013).
- Van Arsdell Teaching Award, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. (2012).
- American Finance Association Travel Grant, AFA annual meetings. (2012).
- Samsung Graduate Scholarship , Renmin University of China. (2005).