Harlow Cohen is a Professor of Organizational Behavior and is the Faculty Director for the Master of Science Program in Positive Organization Development & Change.He has been nominated multiple times for the Weatherhead School of Management Teaching Excellence award. Cohen has also been a faculty coach for the MBA Action Learning Program, and is a certified coach in developing leadership through emotional intelligence. Cohen received his Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Case Western Reserve University, and a Master of Science degree in Organization Development & Analysis also from CWRU.
PhD, Case Western Reserve University, 1986
MS, Case Western Reserve University, 1979
Interests and Courses
Strategic decision making
An Integrated Theory of Implementation
Converting inert knowledge into positive outcomes
Effective implementation tactics
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Cohen, H.
Disruptive Organizational Simulation
- Cohen, H. (Presenter Only) Northern Ohio Human Resource Professional Society, "Fast, Flat and Flexible: Designing Winning Organizations", Executive Education, (2011).
- Cohen, H. (Presenter & Author) Heights Hillcrest Chamber of Commerce - Breakfast Series, "Achieving Positive Change by Tackling the Obvious", Heights Hillcrest Chamber of Commerce , Cleveland, Ohio. (2009).
Academic and Professional Activities
- Organization Development Network. 2015 - 2016
- Organization Development Network. 2012 - Present
- Marshall, Commencement Ceremony, 2012 - Present
- Workshop Organizer, ITS Leadership Retreat, 2012
- Faculty Advisor, MPOD, 2011 - 2012
- Marshall in graduation ceremony, Commencement Ceremony, 2011
- Faculty Mentor, Junior Jumpstart, 2010
- Faculty Advisor, MPOD, 2009 - 2012
- Committee Member, Accreditation Committee, 2009 - 2010
- Faculty Advisor, Visiting Committee, 2009 - 2010
- Guest Speaker, Heights Hillcrest Chamber of Commerce, Cleveland, Ohio, 2009
- Committee Member, PhD admissions committee, 2008
- Committee Member, Accreditation Committee, 2008
- Faculty Advisor, MPOD, 2007 - 2009