Dennis A. Conrad, MAcc, CPA, received a Bachelors of Business Administration from what is now the Georgia Regents University. He was recruited by Dr. Gary Previts to be a part of the first class of the newly created Masters of Accountancy program here at Case Western Reserve University and received his degree in 1982. Dennis then started his career in public accounting at Price Waterhouse in Cleveland, Ohio. He was admitted to the partnership in 1994. In 2002, as a part of the aftermath of the Sarbanes Oxley, PricewaterhouseCoopers sold the consulting division to IBM where he finished his 30+ year career. Dennis’ career started in the Audit business but the majority of his time was spent in helping clients make the most of their investment in Accounting Information Systems, primarily with SAP and Oracle systems. Dennis holds several patents related to configuration of packaged information systems. In July, 2013 Dennis retired from IBM/PWC and was again recruited back to Case, this time in a teaching capacity. He served as an adjunct professor in Spring, 2014 and has moved to an Assistant Professor in Fall, 2014. In addition to his teaching responsibilities, Dennis is a Deacon in the Catholic Church ans is also pursuing a Master of Theology from the Saint Mary Seminary in Wickliffe, Ohio.
MAcc, Case Western Reserve University, 1982
BBA, Georgia Regents University, 1981
Interests and Courses
Recent Courses and Syllabi
- Accounting Information Systems - Basic
- Corporate Reporting I
- Excel Applications and Modeling
- Corporate Governance and Contemporary Accounting Policy
- Accounting Information Systems
Academic and Professional Activities
- Committee Chair, Accountancy Curriculum Committee, 2015 - Present
- Faculty Advisor, Beta Alpha Psi, 2015 - Present
- Committee Member, Accountancy Curriculum Committee, 2014 - 2015
- Beta Alpha Psi Alumnus of the Year Award, (2011).