Starbucks within Barnes & Noble, Dell with Intel inside, and FedEx Kinko’s are examples of brands joining together to form a partnership. Casey Newmeyer, PhD, focuses her research on brand partnerships and alliances such as co-brands and brand acquisitions. From the perspective of a marketing manager, she outlines how such brand pairings impact the firms involved and their existing branded products and services. Prior to transitioning to a career in academia, Dr. Newmeyer worked in marketing roles for companies such as FedEx, XM Satellite Radio, and Northrop Grumman.
PhD, University of Pittsburgh: Katz Graduate School of Business, 2011
MBA, Rollins College Crummer Graduate School of Business, 2005
BA, University of Pittsburgh, 2003
Interests and Courses
Recent Courses and SyllabiCourse evaluation ratings (login required)
- Newmeyer, C., Venkatesh, R., Chatterjee, R.
Co-Branding Arrangements and Partner Selection: A conceptual Framework and Managerial Guidelines (vol. 42, issue 2, pp. 103–118). Journal of Academy of Marketing Science.
- Newmeyer, C., Ruth, J.
RETAIL CO-BRANDS AND CONSUMERS’ ATTRIBUTIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY (vol. 24, ). AMA Winter Educators Conference.
- Newmeyer, C., Swaminathan, V., Hulland, J. S.
When Products and Brands Trade Hands: Proposing a Framework for Acquisition Success Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice.
- Newmeyer, C. (Author Only), Obeng, E. (Presenter & Author) 2015 AMA Winter Educator's Conference, "CHARITY AT CHECK-OUT: THE IMPLICATIONS FOR RETAILERS", American Marketing Association, San Antonio, TX. (2015).
- Newmeyer, C. (Presenter & Author), Ruth, J. (Author Only) Academy of Consumer Research, "IN GOOD TIMES, IN BAD TIMES: HOW CONSUMERS ATTRIBUTE RESPONSIBILITY IN COBRAND-HARM CRISES", Academy of Consumer Research, Chicago, IL. (2013).
- Newmeyer, C. (Presenter & Author), Ruth, J. (Author Only) AMA Winter Educators Conference, "RETAIL CO-BRANDS AND CONSUMERS’ ATTRIBUTIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY ", American Marketing Association, Las Vegas, NV. (2013).
- Newmeyer, C. (Author Only), Swaminathan, V. (Author Only), Hulland, J. S. (Presenter & Author) AMA Winter Educators Conference, "When Brands Trade Hands", American Marketing Association, Austin, Texas. (2011).
Academic and Professional Activities
- Committee Member, NTT Entrepreneurship Search Committee, 2014 - Present
- Committee Member, Keithley Chair Search Committee, 2014 - Present
- Committee Member, Graduate Curriculum Committee , 2014 - Present
- Committee Member, UGIS + MAPS Marketing Major Development, 2012 - 2014
- Intramural Research Funding, (2013).
- Nancy and Joseph Keithley Fellow in Business Marketing, (2013).