“Uber, the world’s largest taxi company, owns no vehicles. Facebook, the world’s most popular media owner, creates no contents. Alibaba, the most valuable retailer has no inventory. And Airbnb, the world’s largest accommodation provide, owns no real estate. Something interesting is happening.” (Tech Crunch, March 3, 2015)
A new wave of digital revolution is transforming every industrial sector. Powered by increasingly smaller yet potent microprocessors and sensors, a new generation of analytical tools, and ubiquitous wearable and mobile devices, companies can radically transform the way they interact with users and the way they create and capture value. Such changes make existing strategic frameworks and tools obsolete. In order to understand how and why digital technology changes the industrial landscape, companies must identify some of the fundamental characteristics of digital technology and how it demands new types of value and configural logic. Companies representing older industries face particularly daunting challenges as they must deal with legacy infrastructure, cultures and norms, while imagining new value propositions for users by integrating various digital capabilities.
In this one-day program, you will gain a new perspective on digital innovations and learn a powerful comprehensive framework that can guide your company’s digital strategy.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Youngjin Yoo, PhD||Wednesday, Sep. 12, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- What is digital innovation? Why is it a big deal?
- Layered Modular Architecture (LMA)
- Generative economy
- How digital innovtion changed the value creation process - from "publication" logic to "printing" logic
- Three layers of design challenges
- Experiential layer
- Relational layer
- Configural layer
- Designing new value logic
- Digital customer experience through "experiential computing"
- Apps? Maps? Bots?
- Discovering the user and their experiences - through design
- Designing new relational value
- From buyers to users?
- Discovering new competitive landscape
- Designing new configuration logic
- How to re-design your old value network for the digital economy
- Leading change for digital
- New business models in the generative economy
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Learn digital value-logic framework
- Use the experiential computing model as a foundation in designing new user value
- Explore Layered Modular Architecture as a way of thinking through a new business model
- Learn how to lead change for digital transformation in large complex organizations
Who Should Attend
Managers in the areas of digital strategy, marketing, innovation, IT and organization change. Pairs or groups of managers from the same company should attend together for maximum benefit.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant