“Women enter technical fields at a steady pace, but they leave these professions at twice the rate of their male colleagues. Everyone loses in this scenario, but research from Case Western Reserve University’s Weatherhead School of Management reveals why some women persist and thrive. The Leadership Lab provides tangible benefits for women in STEM careers and their sponsoring organizations.”
—Kathleen Buse, PhD, Adjunct Professor & Faculty Director, Leadership Lab for Women in STEM
Invest in yourself. Retain your top talent.
“The future of the economy is in STEM. That's where the jobs of tomorrow will be. Employment in occupations related to STEM—science, technology, engineering, and mathematics—is projected to grow to more than 9 million between 2012 and 2022. That's an increase of about 1 million jobs over 2012 employment levels.”
—Bureau of Labor Statistics
Join other women in STEM careers in this blended learning career builder. Or if you are an employer in a STEM industry, send a cohort of your high potential women for this one-of-a-kind leadership development experience. See what people are saying about the program.
Program Features and Benefits
- Participants learn critical leadership concepts and receive 360-degree feedback, professional coaching (3 sessions from a Weatherhead Master Coach) and peer-to-peer coaching.
- The Leadership Lab for Women in STEM™ utilizes a flexible, blended learning format offering both in-person and online learning.
- The content is research-based with practical tools that will have an immediate impact on the bottom line.
- The faculty and coaches are experts with direct, STEM research background and work experience.
- Take advantage of one of Weatherhead’s most highly ranked Executive Education programs, with an average rating of 4.94/5.00.
- The learning cohort provides a support community during the program and lasting relationships well after the program concludes.
- Case Western Reserve University is an academic leader in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and the Weatherhead School of Management is internationally recognized in the disciplines of Leadership Development and Organizational Effectiveness.
Benefits to Participants
The Leadership Lab for Women in STEM™ helps participants:
- Build critical leadership skills and benefit from tools linked to workplace success.
- Gain insights via 360-degree feedback on Emotional Intelligence, enhanced by the support of a master coach. Emotional Intelligence has been shown to enhance professional relationships, increase employee productivity and engagement, improve customer satisfaction, build leadership success and result in high performing teams.
- Learn about research that increases their perspective on workplace opportunities and challenges in order to maximize their fulfillment.
- Create and articulate a personal leadership vision, which research supports as a powerful way to increase career engagement and commitment.
Benefits to Organizations
The Leadership Lab for Women in STEM™ helps sponsoring organizations:
- Invest in their women in STEM careers and leverage the benefits of inclusivity in the workplace. Numerous studies have shown that inclusive work environments contribute to innovation, improved problem solving and decision making, increased creativity, better recruitment results, reduced turnover, employee engagement and enhanced business performance.
- Keep up-to-date on best practices for attracting, developing and retaining highly trained, diverse talent. Participants are prepared to return to their organizations with best practice ideas and the skills to positively influence the culture.
- Make a strong, visible and strategic investment in talent retention.
- Identify strong candidates for advancement opportunities in the organization.