Join other women in STEM careers in this eight-day leadership development experience that will help you:
- Identify specific strategies necessary to thrive in a STEM career with the guidance of an executive coach
- Broaden your understanding of the value women like you bring to the STEM workplace
- Develop critical competencies for career development
- Articulate a vision to increase career engagement and commitment
- Network with other women in STEM fields for long-lasting relationships
Why this program?
Women are significantly underrepresented in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) professions. Women leave these professions at twice the rate of their male colleagues. Retaining women in technical fields has become a national priority and a primary concern for employers.
The Leadership Lab for Women in STEM™ draws from more than a decade of research on what works to keep women engaged in STEM professions, and world-class practice in talent development.
This immersive experience is grounded in the pioneering research of Weatherhead’s renowned organizational behavior department. The Leadership Lab faculty members incorporate the concepts of:
- women in leadership,
- emotional intelligence, and
- competency-based leadership development
into a professional development curriculum specifically geared toward helping women thrive in STEM professions.
Develop the leadership and professional skills to thrive in your STEM career.
Leadership Lab Faculty
Diana Bilimoria, PhD
- KeyBank Professor
- Department Chair, Organizational Behavior
Kathleen Buse, PhD
- Adjunct Professor
- Faculty Director, Leadership Lab for Women in STEM™
Ellen Van Oosten, PhD
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Organizational Behavior
- Faculty Director of Executive Education
- Case Western Reserve University’s strengths in science, technology, engineering and mathematics form a natural foundation for studying the female experience in STEM fields.
- The Leadership Lab faculty have each conducted extensive research on what works to keep women in STEM professions.
- The Leadership Lab faculty are part of Weatherhead’s organizational behavior department, considered among the best in the world.
- Buse and Van Oosten have academic and industry backgrounds in engineering, and Bilimoria is among the leading scholars exploring women’s experiences in technology-driven, male-dominated organizations.
We can also bring this program to your organization. Email email@example.com to learn more.