“It’s not what you know, it’s who you know” is a familiar truism. How we are connected to others at work - that is, our social networks - is a key ingredient to organizational success. Most of us don’t use our networks effectively - missing out on the social capital that is embedded in our workplace and professional relationships. From faster career advancement to better sales figures, social capital and social networks are how organizations get greater results, broaden their prospects, and work in faster, better and smarter ways. Many of us, however, dread the idea of building new relationships or simply don’t know how to begin. In this course, we will cover the proven benefits of social capital and social networks and talk about how individuals (and teams) can maximize the potential of workplace relationships in order to achieve more success. We will conduct self-assessments to identify our strengths and will develop individual (and team) strategies to develop professional relationships in ways that work for each of us. Introverts (and those managing them) are encouraged to attend!
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Diane Bergeron||Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Date and Time:
Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Event has Passed
- Visual images of workplace relationship connections (i.e., social networks)
- Business benefits and outcomes of social networks
- How to map your social network
- Social capital - What is it and how to build it?
- Power positions in social networks
- Barriers to building relationships in your workplace and profession
- Relational self-efficacy - What's holding you back?
- Relational strategies for introverts (and their managers)
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand the evidence behind social networks
- Learn how to leverage the power of networks to get oneself (or one's team) into more powerful network positions
- Gain a deeper understanding of strengths through self-assessments
- Experience the types of resources (information, opportunities) embedded in social networks
- Be able to identify network opportunities and 'openings' in networks
- Have a strategy to further develop and strengthen social capital and social networks
- Walk away with concrete action steps
Who Should Attend
Executives, managers, team leaders and individual contributors from all functional areas and experience levels who are interested in tapping into the power of social capital and social networks - whether to better leverage professional relationships or simply to make themselves or their teams more effective and successful. This course is particularly important for high-potentials, those recently promoted, new managers and introverts.
Individual Participants: $695
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant