You recognize the need to become sustainable—your suppliers and customers demand it, your employees feel good about it, and future generations depend upon it. You also know that sustainability presents unprecedented opportunities for increasing the bottom line over the long term.
It’s time to push your sustainability agenda forward. Using tools for organizational change based on Appreciative Inquiry (AI), this program will help you move beyond individual projects in discrete areas of your organization, and toward a central, integrated strategy that maximizes value creation. AI is a proven approach for engaging multiple stakeholders to achieve rapid, dramatic and holistic change. Identify new business opportunity and discover how to capitalize on sustainability. Learn new ways to innovate, make decisions, and measure outcomes that elevate shareholder and stakeholder value. This program provides a revolutionary approach to achieving sustainable business practices.
This course is led by Chris Laszlo, Ph.D. with guest speaker, David Cooperrider, Ph.D..
Learning will be experiential, interactive and focused on real-time business issues. Using case studies based on Wal-Mart, Toyota and other sustainability leaders, discover the benefits of going beyond regulatory compliance and explore cutting edge ideas that are at the intersection of business and society such as:
- Business risks and opportunities arising from energy needs, climate change, global health challenges, demographic shifts, and poverty
- New ecological resources, supply chain management and product designs to meet changing societal expectations
- New skills required to create value for shareholders and stakeholders
- New tools and metrics to manage sustainability performance
- Corporate culture change required for system-wide success
As a result of attending this class, participants will:
- Develop practical skills for integrating sustainability into the normal course of business operations.
- Learn how to leverage the strength-based perspective of AI to lead the charge for sustainability.
- Identify sustainability-driven “quick wins” and innovation projects that are strategic and profitable.
- Network and build a sense of community, a shared mindset and culture of sustainable value.
Who Should Attend
The Case Weatherhead School of Management strongly believes that sustainability requires a central place on the executive agenda. As a result, this program is designed for leaders focused on strategic initiatives including:
- CEOs, CFOs and other senior executives
- Country managers
- Leaders of LEAN and operations improvements
- Marketing and branding executives
- Policy, NGO and other public sector leaders
- Representatives from diverse sectors and industries
Recommended Prior Knowledge
None. Participants will receive rudimentary background in AI and learn to apply these principles to sustainability through the course of the program.
Individual Participants: $1,165
Package Pricing: 2 class day per participant
Cost includes one group dinner on February 4th, as well as all course materials, lunch, continental breakfast and parking each day.